FREE SatNav POI - SPEEDCAM REDLIGHT warnings

ICE, Equipment, Options
chosan

Post by chosan »

duncho wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:21 am The file noted here as coming from Garmin is useless.... Get the proper POIs from Nissan (replaces old Connect 0913.ntq stock file which is outdated and disturbs with incorrect alerts) or buy a custom alert POIs here: https://www.scdb.info/en/plugin-nissan-connect/
Well, it's not useless. I'm using it every day and it warns me for the existing cameras free of charge. If you like to pay, fine with me, but don't call it useless because it's not.

duncho

Post by duncho »

Yes, because what you uploaded is you custom POI, not original Nissan. 0913 gets rewritten only if you update it with Nissan file. Therefore now you have old alerts + new from SCDB
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
crewmeal

Post by crewmeal »

So how do you get rid of the old alerts?
Unsure which Red - 2015 1.6dci - N-Tec + usual extras including panoramic sun roof.
duncho

Post by duncho »

It is useless, because it consists of only mentioned countries (as per prefix) and not whole Europe as noted. Wast of other files are useless too as there are real POIs. So the guys need to find which file is speed cam + red light alert, merge both XLS files into one and rename it appropriatelly so that Connect recognizes it.
Last edited by duncho on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

duncho

Post by duncho »

Here you can purchase current alert POI which updates old 0913.ntq file in your headunit:

http://nissan.navigation.com/product/Ca ... anEMEA/GBP

crewmeal

Post by crewmeal »

The ntq file is a binary file how do you transfer it to a usb (after paying £31 for it)
Unsure which Red - 2015 1.6dci - N-Tec + usual extras including panoramic sun roof.
duncho

Post by duncho »

It's a file as any other, which you save to USB stick similarily in folders as you did with your custom POI alert file. Connect recognizes it and offer download.

crewmeal

Post by crewmeal »

OK all done. Now I guess the £8 I paid for the scdb is useless now?
duncho

Post by duncho »

Not necessarily, as France and Germany are excluded from Nissan POIs so what I did is that I still use SCDB POIs for those countries that are not covered in Nissan POIs (I live in Germany). If you don't travel much abroad, then yes, it is useless.

jasonwoo
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by jasonwoo »

so you mean if I don't buy from nissan, wherever I got alert file,I will get double warnings when approaching camera? If so,i thinks it is better as the beep and sign is so unnoticeable , if beep twice may easily to hear.