FREE SatNav POI - SPEEDCAM REDLIGHT warnings

ICE, Equipment, Options
duncho

Post by duncho »

Not only beeping twice, but as I already noted several times, it will also beep at position where speed cam was located 4 years ago, but no longer is.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

crewmeal

Post by crewmeal »

That's the norm with my latest update. I've said it once and I'll say it again, Nissan have made a half hearted effort with speed cameras. Garmin and Tom Tom are well ahead not only with cameras but map detail as well.

It would be nice to think that Nissan would include portable cameras in the updates such as the 30mph limit on the M5 at Junc2.
Unsure which Red - 2015 1.6dci - N-Tec + usual extras including panoramic sun roof.
duncho

Post by duncho »

That's clear. Nissan couldn't care less. They sold the car... end of the story, there are the doors..

Despite all of that, I still prefer having as accurate warnings as possible, as I drive a lot and in Germany. I rather pay €35 /year than 200€ fine

jasonwoo
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by jasonwoo »

Despite the camera alert, I now find a bigger problem with the sat nav map , there are no speed limit sign on the main touch screen, only traffic sign speed on the 5” driver screen. So if sign speed not available,I can not even know the speed limit at moment.it is terrible. And the map is outdated,even the fastest route it doesn’t have motor way route.it is setting issue or navitigation fault? How can I got map as card update? It is £109 for new as card, but I need pay every time 109 for a newlest map update?
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

If the speed limit sign shows on the 5" driver's screen I don't understand how you "can not even know the speed limit at moment". Surely it's more convenient on the dash anyway without having to look down at the sat nav?
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Pandjh
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Pandjh »

If the fastest advised route doesn't include a motorway when there's one on the screen then it suggests you need to check your settings. I doubt many new motorways have been built since 2013.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

As PandJ says, perhaps you have checked "Minimise Motorways" in the settings, which will take them out of the route algorithm.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
jasonwoo
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by jasonwoo »

Yes, I put minimised motorways on,my fault. Some road don’t have speed sign,so it displays like “——”,no idea about the current speed. How can map don’t have speed limit and just rely on the traffic sign speed?
Pandjh
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Pandjh »

With map data already out of date by a matter of years, they'd never be able to keep up with the regular changes. If roadworks occur, at least tech that reads the actual signs will recognise it. Old map data would send you onward at the old limit.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
duncho

Post by duncho »

jasonwoo wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:24 pm Yes, I put minimised motorways on,my fault. Some road don’t have speed sign,so it displays like “——”,no idea about the current speed. How can map don’t have speed limit and just rely on the traffic sign speed?

It should not matter whether speed limit is displayed or not, I think each of us suppose to know the limits when completing driving school. I'm not sure how about in the UK, but here you have general rule for speed limits applied country wide. When someone cross the border with another country, there even is a sign reminding foreigners to bear this in mind. I tried to find one for the UK, but couldn't. Maybe that's why you mentioned this issue ;)

170px-Zeichen_393_b_-_Informationstafel_an_Grenzübergängen_(an_sonstigen_Straßen_außerhalb_der_Autobahn),_StVO_1981.svg.png