Power tailgate closing

ICE, Equipment, Options
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Hi Dave/Hound/Duncho,

A bit of good news.

5 of us in Singapore qashqai group who did the electric tailgate from www.che1.com and 2 other China suppliers managed to get it modded to get back to 1.78m compared to stock 1.83m measured which is fine.

Another 6 bros will be installing this 1-2 weeks.

Pro is that it is primarily and simply using back the stock upper hinge instead of the same/similar brackets provided by these supplier but Con is that the strut may not last as I did discussed previously with www.che1.com but they feel use with the brackets did not create such concern. But we figured that if needed, we will just replace the electrically motorised struts and 1.78m is fine even for me at 1.77m which is probably 90 percentile.

Cheers,

Richard

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Richard, thanks for this update on the height modification. I have never received an answer from AU so it looks as there was no interest or the contact information was wrong. The height restriction I feel is a problem for us Europeans I had enough "Headache" problems when the Rear Hatch Struts started to slow down especially in the winter.
Do you have any pics available just out of interest as from previous posts you guys seem to well engineer modifications. It does seem from you comments though that parts could fail or go wrong :lol:
Thanks again hope all is well with you QQ Guys in Singapore - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Thanks for that info Richard. You trail-blazing guys in Singapore really are at the cutting edge! :)
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic