Chassis Control system fault

ICE, Equipment, Options
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

bone_tone wrote:
bone_tone wrote:After 43 years of driving, the last 35 of which have consisted of me doing 35,000 miles per year, in a wide range of cars, my first ever breakdown! My 1.2 Ntec+ has tonight come up with the Chassis Control system fault, claiming that the Stop/Start system wasn't working, and the car immediately slowed and went into limp home mode.

I was on a dual carriageway fortunately just half a mile from a layby. Once there I tried switching the engine off, and then back on again, but still got the same error message and lumpy engine.

I called the Nissan help number (6.30pm), very nice lady told me the RAC should be with me in 45 minutes - 10 minutes later the RAC van pulled up behind me. The driver told me that mine was the second such Qashqai problem he had attended in 3 days, plugged in his diagnostic computer, which showed that there was a throttle actuator fault. He used his computer to clear the error, started the car, fault message was gone. At 7.10pm (only 40 minutes after the original phone call), I was back on the road, and the car got me home with no further problems!

Having read of various electronic issues on this forum, I thought I had been lucky with my 6800 fault free Qashqai miles - just hope that this is not the start of problems to come.....

Very impressed with the service from the RAC though.
Follow up - RAC had suggested that I get my Nissan dealer to check the car over, so I rang them. They said that they would not be able to find a problem, as the clearing of the message by the RAC will have wiped the memory! They suggested that if it ever happened again, to get the RAC to recover the car back to them.

It has now happened again (fortunately I managed to get the error message to clear whilst waiting for the recovery truck to turn up, so could drive to the dealer myself), and the dealer confirmed that the throttle actuator is faulty. However, the computer also told them that the parking sensors were malfunctioning, plus the collision avoidance system, plus an A4 page full of other electronics problems - they have had to reinstall the software in order to fix all of the problems!

Oh, and it's a week before they will have the replacement throttle actuator, so i'm in a loan car until then. .....
Hopefully the final update on this problem - car returned today with throttle actuator fixed, software updated, and road tests by the dealer showing no sign of the problem. I couldn't fault the service provided by Glyn Hopkin though, regular updates by phone, and genuine concern that I had been inconvenienced by the problem. The only shock was finding out that the warranty claim cost to Nissan was over £6000.........

Certainly helped me make up my mind about what to do with the car when the 3 year warranty runs out!

zia

Post by zia »

I got same problem with my Qashqai but I broke it damage hair and another thing is the ECU gearbox is missing
zia

Post by zia »

Iv got the same problem. I bought the car damaged but gearbox ecu is missing. The car wont start is it because no ecu?
sandeepvaidya
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by sandeepvaidya »

I got the same fault as i was driving to work a few days ago. I have a 2014 Quashqai. The car came to a halt but managed to get it to the side of the freeway. Got it towed to the dealer. He says the battery will not charge because the alternator is bad.

It is costing me 900 euros to replace the alternator. A few weeks ago I had to get a new battery because it had gone bad and my car was a couple of months out of warranty. So Nissan gave me "%70 discount on the battery."

My earlier car was Almeria. it lasted 275,000 KM and was still going strong. These new cares with smart tech stuff.....i am not sure how expensive they will prove in the long run.
qashqai141dubs
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by qashqai141dubs »

Hi all.

Not to overflow issue but am in a dilemma. My 1.6 qashqai teckna, had over running fans after switch off which drains battery. Booked appointment with nissan to get it fixed. 2 days before then I had this chasis system error. Wouldn't start only ignition. Towed it to nissan and they said a battery connector fuse is blown and one of the cord is damaged.

Went into to see it, folks the cable looks practically new and the chap is insisting that the whole engine wiring loom needs changing at 200 quid

I mean 2400 quid out of no where. They won't touch the car if I don't do as they say. I said am going to fix it elsewhere, the guy said If I bring the car back they won't attend to me.

Is this right folks?

Does a garage have right not to see a customer?