Draining battery

ICE, Equipment, Options
almayb

Post by almayb »

Had car back from garage 4 weeks now & I have charged the battery twice since. Surprise this morning start/stop failure & chassis control failure again ???
64 plate 1.5 tekna - Bronze.

Oneilly

Post by Oneilly »

Just a quick question, is it easy to change batteries, I've done it before so know the basics, but when I called Nissan they advised against!

Is there something I'm not aware of, seems stright forward enough???
duncho

Post by duncho »

If you search the forum, you would find my posts I repeatedly mentioned what steps to follow while disconnecting battery.

1. Open hood & driver's window
2. Close all doors and wait 10min without touching the car (lock, unlock, opening doors etc.). Time depends on engine type.
3. Disconnect the battery (first negative, then positive) but make sure you won't touch the battery poles with terminals again
4. Replace battery and connect positive pole first and then negative. Make sure you connect the negative pole on first attempt. Avoid improper repetitive terminal touch with battery pole. "Sparking" can generate DTC or system components failure.

PS
It doesn't matter what order battery poles are disconnected / connected. The reason of above mentioned order is only to avoid accidental connection battery live to ground.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Oneilly

Post by Oneilly »

Thank you very much, sorry to make you repeat again!

Can I trouble you to ask for a battery recommendation.

Qashqai 1.6 Petrol 2015, Start Stop.

The Nissan garage are running me around in circles and I haven't got the time to argue with them anymore, so I'm just going to replace it myself.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Good question Oneilly. Ive only ever once changed a battery, and that was on a 13 year old car a couple of years back. It took me ages to sort out a code for my radio. Im told you dont need a code for the Nissan Connect unit, but im not 100% on that. Other than that I cant see how it could be a problem, but no doubt others that have changed their own batteries recently will be better informed.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Good question Oneilly. Ive only ever once changed a battery, and that was on a 13 year old car a couple of years back. It took me ages to sort out a code for my radio. Im told you dont need a code for the Nissan Connect unit, but im not 100% on that. Other than that I cant see how it could be a problem, but no doubt others that have changed their own batteries recently will be better informed.
Oneilly

Post by Oneilly »

gvmdaddy wrote:Good question Oneilly. Ive only ever once changed a battery, and that was on a 13 year old car a couple of years back. It took me ages to sort out a code for my radio. Im told you dont need a code for the Nissan Connect unit, but im not 100% on that. Other than that I cant see how it could be a problem, but no doubt others that have changed their own batteries recently will be better informed.

Thanks for replying :D
duncho

Post by duncho »

For your car original battery part number is KE241-70E00EF. It is EFB type 12V /70Ah 720CCA.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Oneilly

Post by Oneilly »

duncho wrote:For your car original battery part number is KE241-70E00EF. It is EFB type 12V /70Ah 720CCA.

Thanks
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I've just had my car's battery replaced under warranty. The original was a Fiamm one dated 15/5/15 (the car was built in June 2015). It took an effort to get it replaced.

I'd been complaining that the stop/start was hardly every working, and that the battery voltage was dropping overnight to 12.1/12.2V. It was eventually booked in to be looked at - and they had it all day, but when I went to collect it they said it wasn't ready. They couldn't replace the battery under warranty as I'd suggested without it being thoroughly tested first. Obviously I had to get home so they gave it me back and booked it in again for THREE days. I had a courtesy car for that period. They discovered that the battery was faulty and a new KE241-70E00EF one was fitted. It's been generally fine since (although stop/start is still somewhat hit'n'miss) - but why did it take the garage eight WEEKS after buying it to sort this issue out - with me several times threatening to reject it?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)