Draining battery

ICE, Equipment, Options
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

Ah, that is a pain in the rear. This smart charger claims to check the state of the battery before it commences, and then adapts the charge cycle accordingly -- I suspect that some of it is a load of old tosh, but presumably it is sensing the current draw when it applies a voltage to the battery?
1.5dci Acenta Premium
Wishlist: Autofold Mirrors, Chrome body trim and Metal sill protectors;

duncho

Post by duncho »

Surely it is much better to charge it once a while then not at all :)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

Good point - thanks :)
1.5dci Acenta Premium
Wishlist: Autofold Mirrors, Chrome body trim and Metal sill protectors;

Marco84

Post by Marco84 »

Had the same issue and a new KE battery installed - how long is the guarantee on this battery?
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Can you charge these battery's with a ordinary charger...if not why ...mines about 20 years old still in box .....david
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

As like phones & computers, technology has moved on, so has battery technology and battery charging.
david sunderland wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:40 am Can you charge these battery's with a ordinary charger...if not why ...mines about 20 years old still in box .....david
david sunderland

Thanks daewar as my QQ is lease I will see how it goes I am doing the same short runs that I done done in the last 7years and I had no problems with my last 2 lease cars....thanks. david
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Here is a thought for you. What cost the most?

1. Charging your battery from the Car Engine.
2. Charging your battery (+ conditioning) from the mains.

There probably is not a lot in it, but im sure my mpg drops when I take my car for a spin after its been sat on the drive for for a week or two.
david sunderland wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:49 am Thanks daewar as my QQ is lease I will see how it goes I am doing the same short runs that I done done in the last 7years and I had no problems with my last 2 lease cars....thanks. david
david sunderland

Don't think any of my cars in last 15 years have ever sat longer than a day now on nursery run with my grandson means 4 starts before 8am then 4x3 mile runs a day so the chance to get out for a half-hour run down A19 to clean out and charge my battery gets me away from Jeremy Kyle in the mornings.....still getting AV. 35 mpg...so happy that I chose a petrol....david
Jason.e.fenton

Post by Jason.e.fenton »

I have had issues with my QQ battery since 8 months old car is now 22 months old, battery replaced by Nissan, since replaced at 8 months old I still have the same issue. I do 5 miles at least twice a day and longer journeys weekly but the new battery failed within 3 months. I had the RAC out who deemed battery was beyond use. They managed to get the car to start with a jump pack and the techs van. Car was then taken to Nissan again who said no issues found and blamed me. Stating I leave a phone charger plugged in which I don't have in the car at all and that my dash cam is on which is set to switch off when vehicle voltage drops below 13v. So no new battery RAC won't attend again for a battery fault as they recorded details of battery. Car has died so many times now, this week it died again so I charged battery using smart charger. Got to 100% went to start car the next day and hey presto dead. So yesterday again charged battery, while charging battery got to 90% and 14.8v I needed to get in the car to reset the fault codes created by dead battery which leads to the car shutting off, cruise control system, autonomous brake system, traction control, abs, basically all the additional safety devices. Just opening the door dropped the battery to 60% and 12.1v. Haven't tried starting car but I'm going to guess not going to happen, took charger off at 80% and 13.6v due to time of day. Nissan will not accept a fault. The lease company don't seem to care but hey I have a Nissan through vw fleet. And the fleet service company used by my employer also don't care. Happy to take money but at present car not fit for purpose. Any ideas
Nissan Qashqui, 2016 (65) Tekna 1.6 dci 130bhp in Ink Blue