chiptuning

ICE, Equipment, Options
antreasnc

Post by antreasnc »

hi i find from 2-3 sites chiptuning for 1.6dci ??http://www.tuningkit.de/chiptuning/niss ... dex.phpany sugestions?
nissan qashqai 1.6 dci svi

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Remember chipping can:-invalidate Nissan warranty-increase insurance premium-lessen mpg
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
kinelfire

Post by kinelfire »

& bugger up the engine, if you must get a proper remap
Cafe Latte 2010 1.5 n-tec. then 2013 Black 1.5 360+2
Mike R

Post by Mike R »

I used one of these on a diesel Focus a couple of years ago. It's only fooling the signal from the engine management system to dump more fuel in. As said above get it remapped properly.
My car didn't seem that much faster if at all & seemed rougher at higher revs.
My advice leave well alone, don't do it.
antreasnc

Post by antreasnc »

thnks i will do nothing !
nissan qashqai 1.6 dci svi
Kashkai

Post by Kashkai »

I've remapped 2 of My last vehicles and used a diesel tuning box on a 3rd and had excellent results on all 3.

The first was a VW Passat with a 1.8 petrol turbo and that needed a chip change due to its age (1 year to old to flash the ecu), ran that car for 3 years no problems.

2nd was a Fiat Scudo 2lt turbo diesel and I fitted a chip express tuning box to that. This vastly improved the driving experience, much better acceleration and revved much easier, I did have to disconnect it when it was in for an mot though as it failed the emissions test (chip express say you don't need to remove them but in my case I did), the mot station were impressed with the extra power when they took it for a test drive as they had the identical van but without the tuning box, no other problems in 3 years.

3rd and current vehicle (whilst we wait for our QQ) Audi A4 1.8t Quattro, I had this remapped and actually gained almost 60bhp (rolling road confirmed) as it was found that at some point during a service with the previous owner an Audi garage had loaded the wrong software and the remapper found it was loaded with the 163bhp model instead of the 190bhp model that it was, great extra power and no problems in 6 years of ownership apart from the fact it drank super unleaded at the rate of 24mpg (that's the average over the 6 years) the best mpg I saw on a long drive was 29 and worst when the wife's just been going to work and back is 18mpg, I can't really complain too much as it was driven hard.

Will I remap/tune the QQ when I have it, probably but it didn't seem too bad on the test drive but it's whether I can change my driving style to compensate for the loss of the extra 115bhp the Audi has as looking at the remaps available for the 1.5dci a standard remap will give a little bit more torque than the remapped A4.
Kashkai2015-04-16 17:34:32
1.5DCi N Tec+ Metallic Bronze delivered 23/04/15 as expected
Chrizh
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Chrizh »

Kashkai wrote:I've remapped 2 of My last vehicles and used a diesel tuning box on a 3rd and had excellent results on all 3.

The first was a VW Passat with a 1.8 petrol turbo and that needed a chip change due to its age (1 year to old to flash the ecu), ran that car for 3 years no problems.

2nd was a Fiat Scudo 2lt turbo diesel and I fitted a chip express tuning box to that. This vastly improved the driving experience, much better acceleration and revved much easier, I did have to disconnect it when it was in for an mot though as it failed the emissions test (chip express say you don't need to remove them but in my case I did), the mot station were impressed with the extra power when they took it for a test drive as they had the identical van but without the tuning box, no other problems in 3 years.

3rd and current vehicle (whilst we wait for our QQ) Audi A4 1.8t Quattro, I had this remapped and actually gained almost 60bhp (rolling road confirmed) as it was found that at some point during a service with the previous owner an Audi garage had loaded the wrong software and the remapper found it was loaded with the 163bhp model instead of the 190bhp model that it was, great extra power and no problems in 6 years of ownership apart from the fact it drank super unleaded at the rate of 24mpg (that's the average over the 6 years) the best mpg I saw on a long drive was 29 and worst when the wife's just been going to work and back is 18mpg, I can't really complain too much as it was driven hard.

Will I remap/tune the QQ when I have it, probably but it didn't seem too bad on the test drive but it's whether I can change my driving style to compensate for the loss of the extra 115bhp the Audi has as looking at the remaps available for the 1.5dci a standard remap will give a little bit more torque than the remapped A4.
Kashkai2015-04-16 17:34:32
Just curious, did you ever remap or chip your QQ? I've been looking at:

https://www.racechip.co.uk/shop/nissan/ ... 320nm.html

Which I believe is different from a remap? I like the idea of being able to remove it when required you see, which is obviously a bit trickier to do with a remap.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

QQ J11 1.6 dCi Xtronic CVT - Tekna - Solid Red
duncho

Post by duncho »

Get a proper remap at workshop with good reputation and history. I remapped my 1.6dCi as well, here is before / after:

Claimed by Nissan: 96kW / 131PS / 320Nm
Real before remap: 93kW / 126PS / 328Nm
Real after remap: 107kW / 146PS / 422Nm
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!