Qashqai Traffic Signal Recognition

ICE, Equipment, Options
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

I'd say the "back of a lorry" theory is a likely candidate, given my propensity for slipstreaming! Lol
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack

Lineman

Post by Lineman »

Folks,Display is a combination of Known speed zones and camera recognition.on the road I live on there is a theoretical speed limit of 30kmph. There is no sign but the speed limit display always changes at the exact same spot. Also on the motorway near me the camera can "see" the lower limit sign on the off ramp when I am in the left lane and indicates the wrong limit. It does not see it when I am in the right lane and displays the correct limit.Recently the speed limit was increased on a road near me. The first I knew about it was when I noticed the higher limit indicated in the display.
1.6 dci SVE (Tekna) Ireland. 19" diamond cut alloys changed for 17" Powder coated Black.
QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

Lineman, As supergrover stated: no satnav in his QQ.So only the camera info there.
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Slightly off topic to the original post but relevant in regards to the TSR feature.Ford are proposing that their TSR is so good that it would be possible/beneficial for it to be used to limit the vehicle to the signposted speed limit.On the basis of the QQ potentially picking up signs off the back of lorries and my cars ability to pick up a signposted "5" for a local works yard, whilst i'm driving in a 30mph zone, i imagine it would cause some interesting issues if it's not all as suggested.http://fox8.com/2015/03/25/new-ford-car ... ed-limits/
Nissan no more...
db5

Post by db5 »

Not sure how this works then if it is not linked to satnav (as a couple of people have indicated they don't have satnav fitted). Mine reliably goes wrong on one stretch of road where you go from a 50 limit to national speed limit (single carriageway), it stays at 50 for a few hundred yards after the sign, then goes to 30 for a few hundred yards, before going to 60 (no traffic signs were passed after the national speed limit sign and the limits have not changed for a couple of years at least)! Another road they recently changed the location of the speed signs, it gets it right in one direction when it sees the sign in the new position, but gets it wrong where the traffic sign has been removed, as it changes in the old sign location (where there is no longer a speed limit sign)!

If some sort of satnav location is not used, then how does the display know to change from 60 to 70 when changing from single carriageway to dual carriageway when only national speed limit signs are displayed for the 60 and 70 limit? It must have some maps preloaded for it to work like this.

I have asked the question as to why this doesn't work reliably, and the answer I have been given that "it is only a driver aid and so should not be relied on". My answer to this is, that if it does not aid me by informing me of what the speed limit currently is, then it is not a driver aid, it's just a piece of redundant software. If I cannot rely on it where I know the speed limits, then how can I rely on it when I drive on roads which I am unfamiliar with!
switchback

Post by switchback »

If I cannot rely on it where I know the speed limits, then how can I rely on it when I drive on roads which I am unfamiliar with!
You could always use the signs by the side of the road like we used to before this AID was invented. Eyes are wonderful things ;) .
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

db5, perhaps this will help you if you have not seen it before in the Manual. It does actually mention that "the speed limit displayed is based on a combination of navigation system data and live camera recognition". I hope this is of some help -Dave :)

Personally I have not really noticed a problem with our TSR, I have noticed that for example in our Parking Place it just shows the -- sign until a real road is hit. On approaching a Kindergarten / School it shows 30 / 50 kph indicating that during "X" hours it is restricted, this also applies to "Built Up Areas" here at night where there are the same speed restrictions after 22:00 hours 50 / 30 kph is shown. ;)

IMG_1945.PNG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

My Qashqai didn't pick up several of these 25mph signs...

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.71671 ... 6656?hl=en
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
switchback

Post by switchback »

My Qashqai didn't pick up several of these 25mph signs...
I wonder if it's not programmed to recognize 5mph increments on a private road, as public roads are always whole numbers as in 30/40/50 etc.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

I've been keeping an eye on this and my QQ recognises the 20mph limit on my estate and changes accurately to the posted limits. Occasionally struggles with partially obscured speed limit signs. It also "beeped" at me yesterday on approaching a bend a little too enthusiastically and displayed a "sharp bend" road sign on the sat Nav screen.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)