Qashqai Traffic Signal Recognition

ICE, Equipment, Options
db5

Post by db5 »

Thanks DaveBerlin for the information.

This basically confirms the maps loaded are not necessarily up to date at time of purchase, and that if the speed limit signs change location and the maps have not been updated, then the system will show the wrong speed depending on the direction you are travelling.

I live in an area which has a 30mph limit but more often than not it will either show --- or the national speed limit symbol not the expected 30, and it will change to 30 at certain points along a road.

If I can't trust it on roads I know then, I certainly will not trust it on roads I don't.

I'm thinking of turning it off, as it is wrong too often for my liking, there is no substitute for keeping an eye on the speed limits yourself.

daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi

Interesting to read this as I too have been wondering how the system kind of works. I must say I have found it pretty accurate, but there is one particular stretch of road near to me (Eastbourne) that the system gives a false reading. The road is 60 mph, which displays fine, but then it comes to a roundabout and just after the roundabout it becomes a 30mph limit which displays on the system, but then when you turn left at a set of traffic lights the system pings back to showing 60mph, but it is still only a 30mph zone. There are definitely no 60mph speed signs hidden in trees or bushes that I have missed, it is deffo 30mph, even goes over a level crossing, which I wouldn't fancy taking at 60mph! So not sure why the system is picking up a 60mph speed limit.

On the other hand they have just built a new by-pass in Bexhill where I live and the car picks up all the correct speed limits along the by-pass, even though the mapping system is pre by-pass and the on screen map shows you driving across a field! Also on the new by-pass rather that showing 60mph on the traffic signal system it displays the national speed limit sign, which I find the system rarely displays.

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
algnerd

Post by algnerd »

I have the QQ Tekna but I can't seem to find TSR. Is there a way to software enable it or it isn't included in my package ?
QQ Tekna 1.6 dCi
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

algnerd wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:46 pm I have the QQ Tekna but I can't seem to find TSR. Is there a way to software enable it or it isn't included in my package ?
it`s in the setting menu on the car, also take a few mins to read through your owners manual :roll:
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I posted this recently see if this helps along with your Manual - Dave 😉

DDEA0463-6EB2-4E03-88BF-C74C2D2631CF.jpeg

4EDA1B45-5C9C-46C9-87E7-F7A97977F548.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken