iPhone and Nissan Connect

ICE, Equipment, Options
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

from the U.S. rogue manual, i think it's for the new car.

NOTE:

For vehicles with navigation, Apple iP-
hones REQUIRE the phone to be plugged in
via USB for NissanConnectTM Apps to func-
tion.

For vehicles without Navigation, Apple iP-
hones must be paired via Bluetooth for
NissanConnectTM Apps to function.

NOTE:

For Android phones, NissanConnectTM Apps
REQUIRES the phone to be paired via
Bluetooth. this might be a useful link: http://www.nissanusa.com/connect/ can't find the same type of info for the UK.

andrewjoseph2014-02-24 14:12:31
tekna cvt mag red

cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

So have i got this right? you get a free subscription for two years in the UK on the connect in America its 3 years, it takes up to four months for delivery and only two weeks in America. is it me or are Nissan taking us for idiots, i am seriously thinking of voting with my feet.
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
lefifi74

Post by lefifi74 »

Just got the new Qashqai and same problem. My iPhone5S works fine playing music and placing phone calls but impossible to use the default apps nor to install other applications. However I have installed You+Nissan application and have been registered with the VIN but it did not help. Still stuck !
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

To be honest I haven't heard anything about the apps or integration that makes me want to put any effort in to working it out.

I can call, answer calls and that's all I need. Apps when driving doesn't do it for me and I'm not sure what benefit it would give me. If I come across something that would be useful I'll put some effort in to making it work lol
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Im old and love a toy but I cant get my head around these on board apps eitherI do have a FB account and spend too much time online without doing it as I driveI watched the U tube video from Nissan your out and about as we all are all the time get hungry and tired and use trip advisor to find a restaurant ring them then go there all at touch of buttonHow often in the lifetime of a car do you need this feature?
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

I'm a tech guy. Been in IT 26 years. Not fussed about that as an option lol.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Have to say from reading genuine owners notes on there own cars why are Nissan trying to strive to make a high tech car and promote it so highly then realize they cut corners on so many things like auto speed locking and folding mirrors no seat belt indicators and forgot the boot opener then make a high tech connect system only to realize the most popular phone wont work fully unless you plug in a wire and launch a platform to run applications then not release any shocks meIts like a father and grandfather run companyGrandad wants to earn a buck cut corners shave prices down and Grandson has great ideas but no real way of implementing them and the two seem to be trading off ideas with Grandad holding purse strings