iPhone and Nissan Connect

ICE, Equipment, Options
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

As promised in an earlier thread I'd see what happens with an iPhone and the Nissan Connect.I have an iPhone 5s using the latest OS.Pairing through the Phone and then Bluetooth option wasn't difficult but it did take a few goes. That often happens with Bluetooth so no biggie.....basically back to the start and go again a couple of times and everything was happy.Phone usage wise it's simple. Just wait and the phone starts to talk to the main system and various options for Contact List, Redial and the like all start to highlight....job done.Aux Audio is a bit weird.Click it one and it gives you a message about how you can connect your Apple device using USB and other smart phones via Bluetooth and USB.Press it again, however, and it happily brings up the music on your iPhone over Bluetooth and starts playing it.Get in and out of the car and it just carries on playing the last track as you'd expect.So...Apps..Well go in to the apps menu and select either Facebook or Google Search...the only two pre-loaded on my car.It gives you a nice message telling you to download the NissanConnect app on your device....TIP: on an iPhone search NissanConnect with no spaces otherwise it's the second app listed.The App, once installed, then tells you to register on the Nissan Owners Portal or you can use Guest.I tried Guest and it wouldn't connect to the Nissan Connect..in fact it didn't even to seem to try.I have now tried to register on "The Nissan Owners Portal" which doesn't really seem to exist with that name, it really seems to be called You+Nissan.Unfortunately for me, it will neither recognise my VIN or Registration which may well be due to the newness of the car..hence for now I'm a bit stuck....but will continue to try and report back.
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014

ippopy

Post by ippopy »

Good job!!! ...and congratulations too.Please let us know when you finally figure it out of how to synchronize this bloody thing! Also as you have pointed out in other post send us pictures at first occasion. I have ordered the same colour and my wife just can't wait to see it.By the way; I guess navigation system does not require any data from your phone? I have read something about "google send" feature but don't know much about it yet. Enjoy your ride as a first in neighbourhood
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Thanks sat nav is totally fine without the phone. There are some google apps coming that need it but I think the dealer needs to install them.
Kevintstirling

Post by Kevintstirling »

It was only today 14 feb that you could use the new connect system I have been able to connect my samsung smart phone to my new qashqai connect system after speaking to nissan for a hour afternoon and going through a set procedure on the you + nissan portal and activating the 2 year free subscription and downloading the nissan connect app to my phone.

Kevintstirling

Post by Kevintstirling »

I now have access to the facebook and google apps using the nissan new connect system any help required and advice will be gladly provided nissan asked that the engine is turned on before you try and sync the smartphone connect app to the car system works through Bluetooth using a android phone.
Crayven

Post by Crayven »

Hi , I'm having the same problem.

Have registered with the YOU+ nissan website( all fine except it does not list the qashqai as a car choice? )

Downloaded the Nissan Connect app.

The Connect app will not accept my I.D / password even though I'm 100% inputting it correctly?

Any help greatly appreciated guys !

Thanks in advance
Kevintstirling

Post by Kevintstirling »

Hi once you are on the you +nissan portal have you looked under your services and gone to new nissan connect and followed the sequence to activate the new nissan connect and create a password , suggest you use the same id and password you created with the you +nissan to activate the 2 year subscription and then use this with the connect smartphone it should work if your email address and pass word are the same.
Crayven

Post by Crayven »

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply ,

Yes that's the way I have been trying - still the app will refuse my email and password.

Do you get the option to select a qashqai vehicle as yours when in the portal ?
All I see is a Leaf , Juke. Altea etc but no qashqai ?

I used the juke as the nearest option I could think of .

Registration on the plus site is straight forward - it's when if redirects you I get no option to select qashqai.
Tried using the iPhone connect app with no success . Password and ID are identical to the plus sites?
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

Still can't validate my car yet :-(
Ianhampson

Post by Ianhampson »

Have registered all ok and apps working- but can only connect iphone via USB to use nissan connect app. Won't work via Bluetooth .

Manual says iphone should work via USB and Bluetooth .

Anybody else got similar problem?