J11 Battery charging system problem

ICE, Equipment, Options
Aanonymoss

Post by Aanonymoss »

Is there anybody there have tried to disconnect The hood switch?

What does The car do?

kifler

Post by kifler »

Hi guys. Im wondering if i have the same battery issue. I have stop/start system fault on display, check engine light is on and cruise control is not working. Battery voltage is 12.30 from the leads with ignition off.
Is cruise control not working caused by this battery problem?

EDIT: I forgot to add response from the service. They told me to charge the battery and see what happens. I cant charge until weekend so im here meanwhile.
J11 2015 Qashqai DIG-T 115 Acenta 2WD Xtronic
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

On UK spec cars with the Thatcham Class 1 alarm fitted as standard, fiddling with hood switch would put car alarm into an ON state.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
goodoane
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by goodoane »

kifler wrote:Hi guys. Im wondering if i have the same battery issue. I have stop/start system fault on display, check engine light is on and cruise control is not working. Battery voltage is 12.30 from the leads with ignition off.

EDIT: I forgot to add response from the service. They told me to charge the battery and see what happens. I cant charge until weekend so im here meanwhile.
I had the same on my 1.6 diesel. To solve this problem I drove constantly 35-40 km on the third gear at 85-90 km per hour to force clean the dpf. Battery has nothing to do with this. Tell to your service to delete the errors from your computer and do a short trip where you can drive constantly with 85 km/h.
jet

Post by jet »

goodoane wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:15 pm
kifler wrote:Hi guys. Im wondering if i have the same battery issue. I have stop/start system fault on display, check engine light is on and cruise control is not working. Battery voltage is 12.30 from the leads with ignition off.

I had the same on my 1.6 diesel. To solve this problem I drove constantly 35-40 km on the third gear at 85-90 km per hour to force clean the dpf. Battery has nothing to do with this. Tell to your service to delete the errors from your computer and do a short trip where you can drive constantly with 85 km/h.
This is what I was thinking before I noticed that kifler's QQ was 1.2 petrol one ;)

As far as DPF is concerned, symptoms are similar, plus tangible lack of power above 2000 rpm. As you noted, it is essential to delete errors from ECU before doing regen, as ECM seems to prohibit DPF regeneration while error is present.
1.5 dCi MT Premium
Lisbon Mile

Post by Lisbon Mile »

I’ve had mine for just over a year. Like you, I keep it in my garage, and don’t lock it. I’ve had no problems with the battery, and can’t understand why not locking it would drain the battery.
QQ DiG-T Tekna 1.2 Xtronic, 17" Alloys, Pearl Storm White, Panoramic roof
kifler

Post by kifler »

Thanks. It seems this has nothing to do with the battery. I borrowed OBD scanner and it shows fault code P0090, something to do with Fuel Pressure Regulator. Ill book a time at the service.
J11 2015 Qashqai DIG-T 115 Acenta 2WD Xtronic
Aanonymoss

Post by Aanonymoss »

Are there still nothing to do about The charger fault?

The car dosent charge The battery to full?
Anni still need 14,6 volt while driving
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

chrisw99 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 9:11 pm
duncho wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:18 am I have an information that OEM is manufactured by Mitsubishi.
So I've had the Nissan OEM battery replacement now a couple of months. I had the bonnet open doing some checks tonight so I thought I'd stick a multimeter across the terminals.

It was reading 12.55V after being parked up for 4 hours.

Is this normal/acceptable? Had a long drive on Sunday but only short commutes the last 2 days.

Everywhere you read says it should be 12.6+, but I guess this is for a disconnected battery. When connected, there's going to be a very slight draw from the battery isn't there?

EDIT: re-read the thread a bit and noticed a few people say it drains if it's unlocked. I think I probably had the door open doing this test with an internal light on. Just tried again and it's 12.59 now. Can't lock the car though as it won't lock with the bonnet open.
So it's now been just over a year since I had the FIAMM replaced by Nissan. A year ago, after a few hours parked up after a drive I was getting 12.55 to 12.6 as I wrote above.

Now, with the same scenario, I get about 12.4.

Is this to be expected for a 1 year old battery - do they deteriorate slightly over time, or is it a symptom of the QQs intelligent charging not being good enough and it's started to kill this battery too?
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
duncho

Post by duncho »

chrisw99:
All is well, this is how charging system is designed it always keep the battery undercharged 12.3 -12.5V.
Battery deteriorates only because of undercharge status which as a results supports building the sulphate oxidation of the battery plates.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!