J11 Battery charging system problem

ICE, Equipment, Options
duncho

Post by duncho »

MSZT85 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:01 pm
duncho wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:48 pm Dear all, fix to insuficient charge of car battery has been found and was described in detail on Czech Nissan forum: http://www.nissanclub.cz/forum-tema/dobijanie-akumulatora-328695?kols=3
I tried out your mod, but the car drop a start/stop fail message after a minute. What could be the problem?
The charge works well with the modification.
I mentioned on the forum that the error will not pop up if you turn off S/S before you drive. Or you can buy my S/S reversing module.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

Battery failed today car 3 yrs old tomorrow RAC REPLACED WITH A AGM VARTA 😀
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
eljuero

Post by eljuero »

Battery replacement again on my QQ 2015. First time 2017. Luckily under warranty again. Didn't ask or look so far ith what brand type.
1.6 DIG-T TEKNA BLACK
marath
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by marath »

Hi guys. Some update to my car problem.

The car consumes 150 to 170 milliamps off and sleeping. I was taking out fuses and discovered that the problem is with the F9 (10A) fuse Interior electrical control unit, which you can see on this site https://fusesdiagram.com/nissan/fuses-a ... shqai.html.

When I remove this fuse, the consumption soon drops to 70 milliamps, which is the normal consumption of the disconnected car. The fuse turns off all the interior lights of the car. As the lights are all off even without removing the fuse, when the car is sleeping, I cannot understand what is consuming these 70 milliamps.

Can you help me out by any chance?
duncho

Post by duncho »

Neither 70mA is normal. I don’t know what model you have exactly, but there was a concern and sftw fix (TB) for some VIN range. Normally in sleep mode car drains 4mA with 2 short 20mA peaks when it scans for keyfob presence. In average 5mA drains QQ J11 when there is no problem.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
tigger634
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by tigger634 »

Hi all,

I'm following this thread as I seem to have the same problem with the Auto Stop/Start system failing and amber engine caption on hard.

I took my car to a local mechanic and he tested the battery stating that the alternator was defective and not charging the battery. After reading this thread I accessed the hidden menu and my voltage was showing 14 V. I loaded up the electrics and the voltage dropped to just below 13V but then stabilised to between 13.3 and 13.03 V.

So my question is, if the alternator is NOT charging my battery, how can the battery maintain a fairly constant voltage? I have had this fault for about 2 weeks now so I would have expected to have a dead battery by now if there was no charge from the alternator.

Do I need a new alternator or new mechanic?
2017 NISSAN QASHQAI TEKNA DCI,
1461CC Diesel, 5DR, Manual
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

tigger634 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:21 pm Hi all,

I'm following this thread as I seem to have the same problem with the Auto Stop/Start system failing and amber engine caption on hard.

I took my car to a local mechanic and he tested the battery stating that the alternator was defective and not charging the battery. After reading this thread I accessed the hidden menu and my voltage was showing 14 V. I loaded up the electrics and the voltage dropped to just below 13V but then stabilised to between 13.3 and 13.03 V.

So my question is, if the alternator is NOT charging my battery, how can the battery maintain a fairly constant voltage? I have had this fault for about 2 weeks now so I would have expected to have a dead battery by now if there was no charge from the alternator.

If thats the original FIAMM battery a VARTA type would be a good replacement at anytime

Did the mechanic do a battery capacity test...its the most important test. The Alternator performance appears to be good and is the same as mine when the FIAMM battery was dying. The battery would take about 4 to 5 days to drop to 9v which would not start the engine of course but would between times of use. Battery capacity test by RAC revealed 65% at one test and 5 days later was 55%, exactly when the car would not start.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
tigger634

Post by tigger634 »

calnorth wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:36 am
tigger634 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:21 pm Hi all,

If thats the original FIAMM battery a VARTA type would be a good replacement at anytime

Did the mechanic do a battery capacity test...its the most important test. The Alternator performance appears to be good and is the same as mine when the FIAMM battery was dying. The battery would take about 4 to 5 days to drop to 9v which would not start the engine of course but would between times of use. Battery capacity test by RAC revealed 65% at one test and 5 days later was 55%, exactly when the car would not start.
Hi Calnorth,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I had to have a new battery fitted one year ago, the replacement was a Bosch AGMS5A09 (096) with a 5 year warranty.

No, the mechanic only did a volt test across the battery terminals, no capacity test. So my alternator is good? That's what I was thinking. Checked it today and it was 14V, but I didn't load it up, so defo not draining.

Do you think it is a battery fault? I was doing 180 miles a day for work commute before Covid, now it's more like 20 a week max.
2017 NISSAN QASHQAI TEKNA DCI,
1461CC Diesel, 5DR, Manual
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

You defo need the battery capacity checked. Volts is not a reliable measure as regards storage time length.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
ska_abbas
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by ska_abbas »

Had the red battery light on aling with red check engine light, start/stop error, front sensor light on aswell.

Called breakdown, AA came and said battery health is fine and his diagnosis was that the alternator was the culprit.

Managed to drive 40miles to home without a problem. Will take it to Garage tomorrow.