J11 Battery charging system problem

ICE, Equipment, Options
duncho

Post by duncho »

Today, I dig a bit deeper to the problem and found out interesting facts. Underneath of the battery sensor there is in silicone embedded PCB circuit equipped with HALL sensor 206CAH, which feeds IPDM-E with PWM signal which frequency depends on battery charging/discharging current. Details here: https://www.melexis.com/en/product/MLX9 ... ent-Sensor

It seems that there should be very easy walk around in order to increase battery charging voltage and that is just by adding a permanent magnet near by to the sensor 8-) . I could not try as I didn't find any permanent magnet at home. Also, I have no oscilloscope here to test dependancy of battery current flow (which generated magnetic field around the measured wire) to produced IC output - PWM signal. Good news is that the hall sensor can also be re-programmed and thus there shouldn't be necessary to touch IPDM-E. Datasheet of 206CAH IC used: https://www.melexis.com/-/media/files/d ... elexis.pdf

If anyone is interested to add his knowledge and time on to this topic, I'm happy too share details ;)
Cheers
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

Aanonymoss

Post by Aanonymoss »

I am very interested in it. What did you find out?
duncho

Post by duncho »

No conclusion yet, further testing is needed.

duncho

Post by duncho »

For those interesting on the topic, I will no longer update this thread, but details can be found on Czech Nissan forum which can be easily google translated to English: http://www.nissanclub.cz/forum-tema/dob ... sage328801

Aanonymoss

Post by Aanonymoss »

Why not Update Here?
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

duncho wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:18 am I have an information that OEM is manufactured by Mitsubishi.
So I've had the Nissan OEM battery replacement now a couple of months. I had the bonnet open doing some checks tonight so I thought I'd stick a multimeter across the terminals.

It was reading 12.55V after being parked up for 4 hours.

Is this normal/acceptable? Had a long drive on Sunday but only short commutes the last 2 days.

Everywhere you read says it should be 12.6+, but I guess this is for a disconnected battery. When connected, there's going to be a very slight draw from the battery isn't there?

EDIT: re-read the thread a bit and noticed a few people say it drains if it's unlocked. I think I probably had the door open doing this test with an internal light on. Just tried again and it's 12.59 now. Can't lock the car though as it won't lock with the bonnet open.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

We seem to be going over old ground yet again!
Please take the time to read all the previous comments on this post, its a lot to read, but you'll find the answers to your questions.
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

gvmdaddy wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 9:25 pm We seem to be going over old ground yet again!
Please take the time to read all the previous comments on this post, its a lot to read, but you'll find the answers to your questions.
I realise that, just pointing out how the replacement Mitsubishi battery that Nissan are fitting is holding up.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
Aanonymoss

Post by Aanonymoss »

The fault as i Will describe it as
See The Low volt
https://youtu.be/5Oy2OsOOrG8
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

Aanonymoss wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 5:37 pm The fault as i Will describe it as
See The Low volt
https://youtu.be/5Oy2OsOOrG8
I've been observing exactly that sort of odd behaviour recently. It seems at present to be entirely random but at some point while you're driving along the system status voltage will drop from 14v ish down to 12.2v ish and then bounce around up as far as about 14.9v (I've not yet seem 15v) and down to just over 12v. Then just as suddenly as it starts the voltage will suddenly stabilise at around 14.25v. Switching off the ignition and then back on again without starting the engine, so there is some quiescent electrical load, the voltage will display 12.5v ish, which begs the question how can it drop to nearer 12v when the engine is running and there should be no other significant load. Me thinks I'll have to strap a meter across the battery terminals to see what's actually happening :?
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red