PA button on tekna

ICE, Equipment, Options
ilyes

Post by ilyes »

Hi all,
I have just bought a brand new Tekna 1.2 and am trying to find out how to use the Auto Park system, when i push the camera button i can just see the cameras view around the car without the PA button like on other QQ's. (i tried even in mall parks)

any help please ?

par assist.jpg

Daz8172

Post by Daz8172 »

1) Press Camera
2) On UK versions there is a ( P A ) button on the camera press it
3) If you want to reverse into a parking space e.g supermarket click the second car on the right side of the camera screen
4) Parallel parking leave the two car figures alone ( I think ) not used it for parallel park yet.

It should tell you what to do such as ( drive forward ) ( put in reverse ) etc.
Nissan Qashqai, 1.6 dig-t 163, Gun Metal, Tekna, Pan sunroof, Spare wheel,
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

When we picked up out Tekna,going through the hand-over, there was no PA option. The sales guy tried to convince me it was just a setting that needed altering and to not worry about it. I persisted, saying I wanted to see it working.

Long story short; apparently it was a factory setting that took two days to find/fix. If that is the case then all QQ's with cameras might have the ability for PA but it's only activated on the Tekna's? I really don't know.

Anyway, this case seems very similar to our experience. Suggest contacting your dealer to get it sorted.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
Makara

Post by Makara »

The PA button should be on that screen you have posted, definitely check with your dealer.
Beardyman wrote:When we picked up out Tekna,going through the hand-over, there was no PA option. The sales guy tried to convince me it was just a setting that needed altering and to not worry about it. I persisted, saying I wanted to see it working.

Long story short; apparently it was a factory setting that took two days to find/fix. If that is the case then all QQ's with cameras might have the ability for PA but it's only activated on the Tekna's? I really don't know.

Anyway, this case seems very similar to our experience. Suggest contacting your dealer to get it sorted.
Very interesting, sounds like the Park Assist feature is just an additional piece of software. Perhaps in the future people will be able to add it to their non-Tekna cars, if someone can get inside the Nissan Connect system.
2014 Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T Tekna
ilyes

Post by ilyes »

Daz8172 wrote:1) Press Camera
2) On UK versions there is a ( P A ) button on the camera press it
3) If you want to reverse into a parking space e.g supermarket click the second car on the right side of the camera screen
4) Parallel parking leave the two car figures alone ( I think ) not used it for parallel park yet.

It should tell you what to do such as ( drive forward ) ( put in reverse ) etc.
hey guys thanks for the reply, i attached a video of what i see on screen when i try to find the PA buttom. :cry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujf25Ik4wmI
Roadie

Post by Roadie »

Try selecting reverse gear and see if it comes up.
ilyes

Post by ilyes »

Roadie wrote:Try selecting reverse gear and see if it comes up.
The same i doesnt show up
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Looking at the video, it's the same problem we had when we collected our car. As far as I know, it's a dealer only setting change that's required. I think you'll have to take it in.

or not... once the novelty wore off I haven't used the PA at all.
Anybody actually use theirs on a regular basis?
I did think I might use it for tight parallel parking situations until I go used to the length of the car but it's so unreliable in accepting a space that I didn't try it more than two or three times (always a car coming up behind wanting to get past.)
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
Makara

Post by Makara »

Beardyman wrote:or not... once the novelty wore off I haven't used the PA at all.
Anybody actually use theirs on a regular basis?
I did think I might use it for tight parallel parking situations until I go used to the length of the car but it's so unreliable in accepting a space that I didn't try it more than two or three times (always a car coming up behind wanting to get past.)
I’ve been using it a lot for bay parking. I’m a capable parker but I just like the effortless perfection of getting the car perfectly lined up first time.

The parking space I have at my property is also awkward and tight, so it works well for this, getting me in the space in one move, rather than multiple reversing/ straightening. Takes a bit of practice getting the imaginary square in just the right spot though as there are no lines, just a concrete pillar and another car.
2014 Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T Tekna
damm

Post by damm »

I had the exact same problem, when I picked up my QQ October last year.

After talking to numerous people and searching the Internet, I took the car to the local dealer. And guess what... some of the sensors on the front were missing! :o

Exactly which sensors were missing, I don't recall, but there has to be several of them on the front.

The car was ordered with the PA system installed, soI did get a compensation from the dealer, but I still don't understand, how it can happen.

Could it be that the sensors are missing on your car too?

Kindes regards,
Karsten