Forward Emergency Brake Light / Collision Avoidance

ICE, Equipment, Options
Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

When I was taught to drive, a long time ago, I was told " there is a baby in the middle of the road round the next corner, will you be able to stop in time?"
Seeing the speed drivers go round blind corners these days they are assuming the road is clear
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Here are some instructions that also might help from the Nissan "Drivers Guide / My Guide" App - #26 "Driving Aids" - Dave ;)

P1080006.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Roadie

Post by Roadie »

Whilst all points said here are valid, the one thing you can not allow for is the idiot drivers who just do what they want. it's nice to know there is a back up system on board to help in those situations when some idiot pulls out in front of you or cuts you up etc.
DanDan

Post by DanDan »

Where actually is the Radar?
The graphic below from the manual shows it at position A.

QQ FEB.jpg

Last edited by DanDan on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Position on diagram is correct, behind the front bumper.
DanDan

Post by DanDan »

The reason I ask is that it does appear to be intermittent (conditions in the manual considered)
I then read regarding "keeping it clear" from the manual.

QQ FEB dirt ice snow.jpg

Is there a need to rummage under the bonnet if the exterior of the bumper is clear of debris?
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

No, it is positioned in such a place that it won't attract dirt.
DanDan

Post by DanDan »

Cheers gvmdaddy

Not that I rely on it, it's just that I've become aware that about 80% of the time I don't get any warning when conditions appear to be similar, hence me thinking intermittent. Maybe there are factors at play as the sensor does not report as a fault.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

DanDan, I think you will find this is what gvmdaddy is talking about, up by the Horns - Dave ;)

IMG_3749.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
GrumpyTrucker

Post by GrumpyTrucker »

I've not had need for the one on my car yet, but I do have a similar system fitted to the trucks I drive. I have to say that on those these systems are superb and have almost brought me - travelling at 56mph and about 30 tons - to a dead stop safely and without issue on occasions when I've been unlucky enough for someone who believes their metal box makes them invincible has decided they want the next exit and come straight across in front of me and then slam on their anchors to slow enough for the junction. From some YouTube searches it seems the ones on the cars aren't as aggressive necessarily but it's good to see this tech moving into general production line vehicles. On the truck I do often get "radar dirty" warnings especially when snowing so I know it's something I'm going to have watch for on the car.
QQ 1.2 DiG-T Tekna (2017 J11) with pano roof, Magnetic Red