Forward Emergency Brake Light / Collision Avoidance

ICE, Equipment, Options
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

GrumpyTrucker, it does work, and quite harshly. I thought my eyeballs were going to vacate my sockets on one occasion. In falling snow it will show a warning and disable the system, resetting when it isn't snowing and you have cut the ignition and re started.

GrumpyTrucker

Post by GrumpyTrucker »

I was just basing it on the videos on YouTube of the Euro NCAP testing where it didn't appear to be really harsh on its stopping, especially if the starting speed is over about 30mph.

I know the reason why, and fully accept it, but I do find it funny that the one time you might need these systems - when it's snowing - is usually when they desert you and leave you to your own judgement. The trucks are just the same.
QQ 1.2 DiG-T Tekna (2017 J11) with pano roof, Magnetic Red
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

My QQ has activated the collision braking about 3 times now, its not harsh but progressive & very smooth. Usually its on mini roundabouts when a car is clearly going to exit as i arrive but the system thinks there will be a collision.
GrumpyTrucker wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:15 pm I was just basing it on the videos on YouTube of the Euro NCAP testing where it didn't appear to be really harsh on its stopping, especially if the starting speed is over about 30mph.

I know the reason why, and fully accept it, but I do find it funny that the one time you might need these systems - when it's snowing - is usually when they desert you and leave you to your own judgement. The trucks are just the same.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I suppose it depends on your speed at the time. Exiting a motorway doing 70mph and it activated, quite rightly for the circumstances and it took me to 50mph in a heartbeat! I actually questioned whether I'd hit something! Two other occasions, both in crawling traffic about 20mph and it stopped me on a sixpence, again I thought I'd hit the lorry in front.