After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

ICE, Equipment, Options
HgtDave
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by HgtDave »

Sin_Chase wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:11 pm
igec wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:10 pm Just ordered the unit, really looking forward to having a better system now!

I guess the unit only has a 3.5 unput for microphone, while the OEM Nissan microphone is more advanced then. I guess il try to figure out some solution, as i would really prefer the original one.

Other than that; do you have any tips or tricks for the unit? Maybe some good apps?
Did you ever look into a solution for retaining the OEM microphone with the Android HU?

Really interested but don't want to be messing about with a non OEM microphone.

First thing which came to mind was taking a 5v feed from the HU USB.
Hi

In the end I found that the supplied microphone was perfectly adiquate and I located it tucked out of sight just above the drivers head on the leading edge of the headlining. I haven’t had the need or the desire to sort out the OEM microphone wiring.
IT Consultant of 37Yrs (Retired)
Mk2 Qashqai - J11 1.6 Dig-T Tekna (Ex)
Now BMW X3
Dasaita Android 8.0 4+32g Octa core HA5225 V840 Head Unit
as fitted to my now EX Qashqai

igec
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by igec »

Sin_Chase wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:11 pm
igec wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:10 pm Just ordered the unit, really looking forward to having a better system now!

I guess the unit only has a 3.5 unput for microphone, while the OEM Nissan microphone is more advanced then. I guess il try to figure out some solution, as i would really prefer the original one.

Other than that; do you have any tips or tricks for the unit? Maybe some good apps?
Did you ever look into a solution for retaining the OEM microphone with the Android HU?

Really interested but don't want to be messing about with a non OEM microphone.

First thing which came to mind was taking a 5v feed from the HU USB.
I have not looked into the microphone yet. I installed the unit this week, and so far the internal microphone on the front has worked fine...
Sin_Chase

Post by Sin_Chase »

Didn't realise it had an integrated mic!
igec

Post by igec »

Sin_Chase wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:02 pm Didn't realise it had an integrated mic!
Yeah, mine had at least! Im still trying to figure out a few settings to see if it can be turned up a little as some complain it sounds a little low.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Happened to skim over this subject yesterday. A China (Schenzen) manufacturer or his prime distributor seems to be operating in Europe.

A lot of info on this Aliexpress listing. Nougat mentioned but I've seen Oreo also. Would be useful if it was the manufacturer direct

https://it.aliexpress.com/store/product ... Title=true

Their Video for reference:

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
HgtDave

Post by HgtDave »

calnorth wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:29 am Happened to skim over this subject yesterday. A China (Schenzen) manufacturer or his prime distributor seems to be operating in Europe.

A lot of info on this Aliexpress listing. Nougat mentioned but I've seen Oreo also. Would be useful if it was the manufacturer direct

https://it.aliexpress.com/store/product ... Title=true

Their Video for reference:

This unit from Dasaita has the better processor, twice the RAM, better amp, Android 8.0 and is available in the UK
Dasaita also have the new PX6 chip version but I belive you have to import if from China direct
IT Consultant of 37Yrs (Retired)
Mk2 Qashqai - J11 1.6 Dig-T Tekna (Ex)
Now BMW X3
Dasaita Android 8.0 4+32g Octa core HA5225 V840 Head Unit
as fitted to my now EX Qashqai
chosan

Post by chosan »

I've fitted my head too. It works as expected, except for the info window. Sign detection only works when there's a sign to read. Normally this info is picked up by GPS and transferred to the window when there's no sign to read. BT-audio works, but there's no info in the window. Finally, the GPS directions is not visible in the info window.

Another snag is the BT-Audio which can't be used if your are using BT-tethering. To be able to use BT-audio you have to use WiFi tethering.
Or use a 3G modem as I'm doing, it works. For the rest of it I'm happy with this unit compared to original one.

Another important thing which is fitted to the unit above is a SD-slot reachable from the outside. If you like to upgrade your unit with a custom Rom a SD-slot is a must. Look at the upper left corner for the slot.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/androi ... d-t3734189
ace86

Post by ace86 »

Hi Guys,

I have just installed the Dasaita PX5 on my 2018 Qashqai (Teckna). I am hoping to get some help from you guys, I am having the current issues:

I have attached the blue amp cable as I have the Bose sound system. However there is a really annoying noise/hissing sound at all volumes except when the the unit is muted. It is really frustrating. Is there a fix for this?

Also I tried modifying the softkey home button to set long press home to bring up the the 360 camera. However in the process my touch screen has inverted, (think I double touched the screen I had to click the + at each corner) can I reset this easily?

Can you confirm that I don't need to attach the RCA cable to anything? I guess all audio is connected through the amp cable for the Bose sound system.

Also I am not getting digital radio (DAB+), how can I used by existing antenna? Can someone kindly send a link to a cable that would fix this issue.

Kindest regards, you help would be much appreciated.
Pritesh
chosan

Post by chosan »

ace86 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:21 pm Hi Guys,

I have just installed the Dasaita PX5 on my 2018 Qashqai (Teckna). I am hoping to get some help from you guys, I am having the current issues:

I have attached the blue amp cable as I have the Bose sound system. However there is a really annoying noise/hissing sound at all volumes except when the the unit is muted. It is really frustrating. Is there a fix for this?

Also I tried modifying the softkey home button to set long press home to bring up the the 360 camera. However in the process my touch screen has inverted, (think I double touched the screen I had to click the + at each corner) can I reset this easily?

Can you confirm that I don't need to attach the RCA cable to anything? I guess all audio is connected through the amp cable for the Bose sound system.

Also I am not getting digital radio (DAB+), how can I used by existing antenna? Can someone kindly send a link to a cable that would fix this issue.

Kindest regards, you help would be much appreciated.
Pritesh
This is the cable you need between the original DAB-connector and your unit.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fakra-C-Male-t ... Sw1CRbX8zb
N.B. you need to file of the lip at 11 o clock for it to fit.

For the rest, I'll hope some else can help you or ask here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/androi ... d-t3734189
ace86

Post by ace86 »

Hi Chosen,

Thanks for the response,

Regarding the cable, can you provide more information on the DAB+. I have used the existing car GPS antenna (blue female fakra) and connected it to GPS antenna and the other SMA connector for the WiFi antenna. How would I cannot the dab+ (brown female fakra connecter) if both female SMA connectors are in use.

Regards
Pritesh

ps I have managed to reset the screen.