After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

ICE, Equipment, Options
TalonK
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by TalonK »

@hgtdave success... it was me and impatience

I didnt mess around with it today before leaving for work.. couple mins later noticed it had connected on it's own. Possibly..on my drive where it can see my home wifi and the phone it takes a hit longer to decide which to connect to

So all sorted on that front and stuck with tasker. Carspot looked good but considering tasker is good for more than just that and I had paid for tasker .. I'm glad I could stick with it.

Still would like to find a better bluetooth audio app than the ad2p one that comes with the unit. It's a great connection and sound quality but its interface is basic and then some.

Still haven't made the switch to FCC... still trawling through the forums many pages on it. My issue is that FCC needs a lot of care and attention to setup and that means being in the car and doing it there which means engine running and not the best environment to do customisation.

I might hook up a keyboard and trackpad to help but keeping the unit on when engine isnt is my biggest bug bear now.

TalonK

Post by TalonK »

tbersimis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:45 pm Dear friends,

I am an owner of a Nissan Qashqai J11b, N-connecta bought April 2018. I bought Dasaita Android 8 infotainment px5 (ha_px5_8.0_ota(20181210) system

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/nul ... 7147450000

Unforutnately I have serious problems after installing.
1. Initially immediately after install the airbag warning came up. It seems that it was because of the disconnections so I went to official car dealer to remove the error and problem 2 came up.
2. There are System fault indications. Car dealer claims that front camera for the lane detection, collision avoidance and traffic sign indications is not working with this system. Initially they supsected that a calibration is needed but after that they said it is not compatible. I must mention that I also installed TV tuner with the antennas placed on the two sides of the front mirror so I had to push a little bit the cables in order to place them gently under the wallpaper of the car.
3. Cannot dial the phone numbers for the phone book list when connecting phone via bluetooth.
4. Contacts do not appear in contact list.
5. Google maps don't speak the whole words in navigation.

I contacted seller but till now he cannot find a solution. Seller sent me only the same software releases but not a solution. I must mention that the canbus settings are
Canbus: 10 NISSAN 2013 TEANA(Simple),Rudder: Left rudder, Type: 1 Type Hi, Key Mode: AVM 5, Volume adjust 0db. Please advise me at least with the errors on the car itself, any help from your precious experience might be useful.
@tbersimis
Sorry to hear about the issues. I'm familiar with the airbag problem... I believe this is due to powering up the system when not all connectors are fully restored. My QQ is at dealers today to get that fixed.
I have had no issues whatsoever with any of the other things you mention.
I followed the videos in this thread and the advice given for certain connections and settings.
Everything is working brilliantly.

I personally dont use the lane detection setting. Traffic signs is only on the small info screen now as are TPMS stats. Collision avoidance is also working fine.

I'm not sure what to say. Given the instructions I used are for the PX5 solution and I have the PX6 there cant be that many changes...

I'll report back on what dealer says on my airbag problem as to whether anything else is hampered but I think yours might be a connection/setup issue maybe even faulty unit dare I say it?
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Is this Android unit able to load and display POi's as in personal and speed camera? csv and bmp files. Suspect that might be stretching it.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
TalonK

Post by TalonK »

Calnorth.

I suppose that would depend on app? I'm using Googlemaps as nice and easy android app..
What app are you using? Is it android? If free then I'll check it out for you
TalonK

Post by TalonK »

Anyone with this unit been able to tap into the TPMS data that the QQ is obviously getting?
My info screen still happily tells me tire pressures when driving should I so wish to view them...
The unit has an default app for TPMS data but i assume needs to be setup to receive?

Btw... my airbag light issue was just an error introduced by me powering up the unit when I hadn't connected the aircon or passenger airbag indicators. dealer charged me 20quid to sort...better than the 60quid it should've been for a diagnostic and fix
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

TalonK wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:05 am Calnorth.

I suppose that would depend on app? I'm using Googlemaps as nice and easy android app..
What app are you using? Is it android? If free then I'll check it out for you
Thanks...I still have a working Connect 3. I shouldn't say that? Its really a dog of a thing for POI alarms.

Another App would need the cooperation of the Google Map App for a live positional data stream. Don't think that'll happen with Google...ever?

Colin
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
TalonK

Post by TalonK »

POI Pocket.. have a look at that. It says it can interact with Google maps and other nav apps like Waze etc
HgtDave

Post by HgtDave »

I am an owner of a Nissan Qashqai J11b, N-connecta bought April 2018. I bought Dasaita Android 8 infotainment px5 (ha_px5_8.0_ota(20181210) system

1. Initially immediately after install the airbag warning came up. It seems that it was because of the disconnections so I went to official car dealer to remove the error and problem 2 came up.
2. There are System fault indications. Car dealer claims that front camera for the lane detection, collision avoidance and traffic sign indications is not working with this system. Initially they supsected that a calibration is needed but after that they said it is not compatible. I must mention that I also installed TV tuner with the antennas placed on the two sides of the front mirror so I had to push a little bit the cables in order to place them gently under the wallpaper of the car.
3. Cannot dial the phone numbers for the phone book list when connecting phone via bluetooth.

I contacted seller but till now he cannot find a solution. Seller sent me only the same software releases but not a solution. I must mention that the canbus settings are
Canbus: 10 NISSAN 2013 TEANA(Simple),Rudder: Left rudder, Type: 1 Type Hi, Key Mode: AVM 5, Volume adjust 0db. Please advise me at least with the errors on the car itself, any help from your precious experience might be useful.
To take your issues one at a time:

Item 1 appears to be fixed and is a warning to anyone installing a Head Unit in a QQ, its caused by not connecting the SRS cables correctly before switching on the ignition. I didn’t have this problem, I didn’t disconnect the battery.

Item 2, is more is complicated, the statement ‘it’s not compatible’ doesn’t make sense as the ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) has little to nothing to do with the Head Unit, you can remove the Connect LCN 2 unit and operate the car without any problem with the ADAS. I would assume you have disturbed the wiring on the front camera located in front of the rear-view mirror.

Remove the front camera covers and check the wiring is good.

Check that the PX5 Canbus unit is connected properly and the connector is not slightly disengaged.

Remove the TV system and antennas to ensure that they are not interfering with the ADAS, though how I have no idea.

Item 3 and 4, the BT app receives the contacts from your Mobile device, you have to allow permission of BT on your mobile to send contacts to the connected device. When you initially pair the mobile it will ask you for permission to access the contacts, if you have not accepted this step delete the pairing and re pair. You can action a refresh of your contacts at any time (whilst your phone is connected) by pressing the appropriate button on the BT app.

Check that the mobile is actually paired with the head unit and that the BT icon is displayed on the PX5 notification bar and not grayed out.

Google or any other App cannot access the contacts synced via the BT app as above and have to be installed separately, I have loaded mine into Google Contacts (via my pc) on the account I use on the head unit. Bluetooth and application contacts are stored in separate data stores within the Android OS, not like on your mobile where they are common. Another way to load them is to create a VCARD file of all your contacts, save to a memory stick, plug the memory stick into USB and switch on the PX5, you should see a request pop up on screen to install contacts, just confirm.
IT Consultant of 37Yrs (Retired)
Mk2 Qashqai - J11 1.6 Dig-T Tekna (Ex)
Now BMW X3
Dasaita Android 8.0 4+32g Octa core HA5225 V840 Head Unit
as fitted to my now EX Qashqai
tbersimis

Post by tbersimis »

HgtDave wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:01 pm

To take your issues one at a time:

Item 1 appears to be fixed and is a warning to anyone installing a Head Unit in a QQ, its caused by not connecting the SRS cables correctly before switching on the ignition. I didn’t have this problem, I didn’t disconnect the battery.

Item 2, is more is complicated, the statement ‘it’s not compatible’ doesn’t make sense as the ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) has little to nothing to do with the Head Unit, you can remove the Connect LCN 2 unit and operate the car without any problem with the ADAS. I would assume you have disturbed the wiring on the front camera located in front of the rear-view mirror.

Remove the front camera covers and check the wiring is good.

Check that the PX5 Canbus unit is connected properly and the connector is not slightly disengaged.

Remove the TV system and antennas to ensure that they are not interfering with the ADAS, though how I have no idea.

Item 3 and 4, the BT app receives the contacts from your Mobile device, you have to allow permission of BT on your mobile to send contacts to the connected device. When you initially pair the mobile it will ask you for permission to access the contacts, if you have not accepted this step delete the pairing and re pair. You can action a refresh of your contacts at any time (whilst your phone is connected) by pressing the appropriate button on the BT app.

Check that the mobile is actually paired with the head unit and that the BT icon is displayed on the PX5 notification bar and not grayed out.

Google or any other App cannot access the contacts synced via the BT app as above and have to be installed separately, I have loaded mine into Google Contacts (via my pc) on the account I use on the head unit. Bluetooth and application contacts are stored in separate data stores within the Android OS, not like on your mobile where they are common. Another way to load them is to create a VCARD file of all your contacts, save to a memory stick, plug the memory stick into USB and switch on the PX5, you should see a request pop up on screen to install contacts, just confirm.
Thank you very much, I will try with your suggestions.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

TalonK wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:46 am POI Pocket.. have a look at that. It says it can interact with Google maps and other nav apps like Waze etc
The problem with Droid Apps is that access to their data files is not common. Needs to be csv editable really. What does look promising is CamerAlert by PocketGPSWorld.com Ltd. I'm no longer a member but again data files don't seem accessible as it is for other Nav makes. Think its a direct download into the App which might be accessible through Root and related file manager.

Will have to check further or ask them.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... cameralert
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta