After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

ICE, Equipment, Options
BatterBits

Post by BatterBits »

Just because nobody has mentioned it - navigation in Google Maps - you can now download map (portions) for offline use.... just hit up the hamburger menu - top right.
Regards,

Ian
--
1.5dCi Tekna in Ink blue fitted with Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit

TalonK
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by TalonK »

Offline maps has been around for years with Google. Its handy for sure. Live data though helps for current routes to avoid congestion etc.

Also.. for anyone still playing with launchers etc.
NOVA launcher.
Pretty good. Been using on phone for a couple of years now. Lots of customisation...works well the dasaita units. With a custom background and clever use of 'invisible' icons can be quite the looker.
tbersimis
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by tbersimis »

I have good news!
Car dealer service fixed the problems, so there is not malfunction with car electronic systems. But I still have the initial problems with the Android system itself. Let me remind you.
1. Click to dial is not working when choosing phone number from the list
2. There are no contact names in phone numbers, although I have contact sharing on my Xiaomi mobile phone.
3. When using google maps, application does not speak the whole words. I am waiting for buyer's engineering help, or else I have to ask for a partial refund.
I want your opinion because I found these updates on the internet.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/androi ... a-t3575155
Android update
https://www.sendspace.com/file/gh6ygx
MCU
https://www.sendspace.com/file/qs7ukl

Do you suggest to install them for solving the problems? Any other ideas?
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

With the xda developers link you need to know what you are doing. As such you need to read right through the posts there in order to get a clear understanding of whats been going on. Solutions may already exist or been noted for correction etc.

You can join xda and ask questions. This forum might not be the right place for whats happening at xda...unless someone here is following xda?

Colin
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
TalonK

Post by TalonK »

Have you tried un-pairing phone.... then re-pairing? Remove phone from unit and remove unit from phone (possibly called forget)
Then going into phone app and downloading contacts
tbersimis

Post by tbersimis »

TalonK wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:12 pm Have you tried un-pairing phone.... then re-pairing? Remove phone from unit and remove unit from phone (possibly called forget)
Then going into phone app and downloading contacts
Hi friend,

Yes, I have tried it. No luck...
tbersimis

Post by tbersimis »

HgtDave wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:01 pm
tbersimis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:45 pm Dear friends,

I am an owner of a Nissan Qashqai J11b, N-connecta bought April 2018. I bought Dasaita Android 8 infotainment px5 (ha_px5_8.0_ota(20181210) system

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/nul ... 7147450000

Unforutnately I have serious problems after installing.
1. Initially immediately after install the airbag warning came up. It seems that it was because of the disconnections so I went to official car dealer to remove the error and problem 2 came up.
2. There are System fault indications. Car dealer claims that front camera for the lane detection, collision avoidance and traffic sign indications is not working with this system. Initially they supsected that a calibration is needed but after that they said it is not compatible. I must mention that I also installed TV tuner with the antennas placed on the two sides of the front mirror so I had to push a little bit the cables in order to place them gently under the wallpaper of the car.
3. Cannot dial the phone numbers for the phone book list when connecting phone via bluetooth.
4. Contacts do not appear in contact list.
5. Google maps don't speak the whole words in navigation.

I contacted seller but till now he cannot find a solution. Seller sent me only the same software releases but not a solution. I must mention that the canbus settings are
Canbus: 10 NISSAN 2013 TEANA(Simple),Rudder: Left rudder, Type: 1 Type Hi, Key Mode: AVM 5, Volume adjust 0db. Please advise me at least with the errors on the car itself, any help from your precious experience might be useful.
To take your issues one at a time:

Item 1 appears to be fixed and is a warning to anyone installing a Head Unit in a QQ, its caused by not connecting the SRS cables correctly before switching on the ignition. I didn’t have this problem, I didn’t disconnect the battery.

Item 2, is more is complicated, the statement ‘it’s not compatible’ doesn’t make sense as the ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) has little to nothing to do with the Head Unit, you can remove the Connect LCN 2 unit and operate the car without any problem with the ADAS. I would assume you have disturbed the wiring on the front camera located in front of the rear-view mirror.

Remove the front camera covers and check the wiring is good.

Check that the PX5 Canbus unit is connected properly and the connector is not slightly disengaged.

Remove the TV system and antennas to ensure that they are not interfering with the ADAS, though how I have no idea.

Item 3 and 4, the BT app receives the contacts from your Mobile device, you have to allow permission of BT on your mobile to send contacts to the connected device. When you initially pair the mobile it will ask you for permission to access the contacts, if you have not accepted this step delete the pairing and re pair. You can action a refresh of your contacts at any time (whilst your phone is connected) by pressing the appropriate button on the BT app.

Check that the mobile is actually paired with the head unit and that the BT icon is displayed on the PX5 notification bar and not grayed out.

Google or any other App cannot access the contacts synced via the BT app as above and have to be installed separately, I have loaded mine into Google Contacts (via my pc) on the account I use on the head unit. Bluetooth and application contacts are stored in separate data stores within the Android OS, not like on your mobile where they are common. Another way to load them is to create a VCARD file of all your contacts, save to a memory stick, plug the memory stick into USB and switch on the PX5, you should see a request pop up on screen to install contacts, just confirm.
Hi friend,

Regarding the contacts. I allowed the device to share contacts and paired again but no luck. am using the same google account in the head unit as in my phone. Normally it should synchronize them. I will try the contact import you suggest. I Do you mean to export a csv google file and then import to head unit? The vcard is described as an iOS usage when you export the contacts. can you please explain more?
TalonK

Post by TalonK »

No. Not contact cards. My unit requested contact list when I tried to use dialling app for first time. Hence why I suggested removing pairing and starting a fresh
tbersimis

Post by tbersimis »

TalonK wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:15 am No. Not contact cards. My unit requested contact list when I tried to use dialling app for first time. Hence why I suggested removing pairing and starting a fresh
Mine did not ask for any contacts when pairing. Do you have Dasaita also? Any other idea? I also imported the google contacts with the phone numbers but no change...
TalonK

Post by TalonK »

I have the dasaita PX6 version but I think it's more that I have an android phone which may interact better with the android unit? Clutching at straws but maybe this is an iPhone/Android issue?