After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

ICE, Equipment, Options
TalonK
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by TalonK »

Also. Does anyone know why the unit appears to boot up without wifi enabled? Can this be changed?

Got my phone to automatically provide wifi when bluetooth connection is live but unit has to be told to use it....

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

My mobile phone doesn't boot wifi (android 8.1). Probably wouldn't want it to really. Would slow boot up and may attempt pairing to anything nearby?

Does boot with BT of course
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
TalonK

Post by TalonK »

Calnorth... dont want to go 4gDongle route so sharing my data from phone is easy and quick solution. Was navigating using it before I got this unit anyway...

With tasker I'm able to get my phone to recognise that its connected via BT to car it then runs a task to switch on mobile wifi hotspot. When car BT disappears...my phone turns of hotspot and enables it's own wifi again.

Most other android devices remember what connections you have enabled/disabled at boot and this unit does that with all but wifi. I'm sure I'm missing a setting but for the life of me cant find it.

It's not the biggest loss clicking the top status bar and enabling wifi but would rather it be less manual...
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

oh ok...just saw the auto wifi in my phone - Network & Internet settings and fiddle about there. Assume ICE unit is same?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
TalonK

Post by TalonK »

I haven't delved too deep but on most android devices if you have wifi on then switch off phone/tablet ..when you switch that device back on then wifi will be on still. This doesnt happen with the head unit... I need to go through every setting but its strange it isnt defaulted to that behaviour
HgtDave

Post by HgtDave »

TalonK wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:34 am I haven't delved too deep but on most android devices if you have wifi on then switch off phone/tablet ..when you switch that device back on then wifi will be on still. This doesnt happen with the head unit... I need to go through every setting but its strange it isnt defaulted to that behaviour

Try this:

First check your Phone settings: Connections > Wi-Fi > Advanced (three dots in top right), Turn On Wi-Fi automatically - ON

On the PX5 remove all Wi-Fi historic connections (Forget each one). Switch the PX5 off.

On your Mobile Phone, check your Mobile Hotspot settings, Name, password, Wi-Fi sharing OFF. Switch off or remove all Tasker settings relating to the Hotspot. Install Carspot Ready from Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... &hl=en_GB and set up both Automatic Mode and Carspot auto-launch ON (I have mine set to manual). You can set Force Wi-Fi ON when disconnecting Carspot.

Switch ON the PX5, go to Wi-Fi and select your Hotspot and enter the password. Your PX5 Wi-Fi should now activate using the hotspot.

Now test. Switch the PX5 OFF. Reboot your Phone, open Carspot is should display 'Waiting connection'. Switch the PX5 ON and it should connect to your mobile Hotspot automatically.
IT Consultant of 37Yrs (Retired)
Mk2 Qashqai - J11 1.6 Dig-T Tekna (Ex)
Now BMW X3
Dasaita Android 8.0 4+32g Octa core HA5225 V840 Head Unit
as fitted to my now EX Qashqai
TalonK

Post by TalonK »

Will try the above and report back... thanks hgtdave
TalonK

Post by TalonK »

Checked out what carspot does... what does it do differently from tasker?

Tasker currently opens hotspot when car BT is detected. But the PX6 never boots up with wifi enabled. If it did then it would connect to phone straight away as it does when I enable wifi.

How would CarPlay turn on wifi on PX6?

Also not entirely sure will work with my phone (s10)
tbersimis

Post by tbersimis »

Dear friends,

I am an owner of a Nissan Qashqai J11b, N-connecta bought April 2018. I bought Dasaita Android 8 infotainment px5 (ha_px5_8.0_ota(20181210) system

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/nul ... 7147450000

Unforutnately I have serious problems after installing.
1. Initially immediately after install the airbag warning came up. It seems that it was because of the disconnections so I went to official car dealer to remove the error and problem 2 came up.
2. There are System fault indications. Car dealer claims that front camera for the lane detection, collision avoidance and traffic sign indications is not working with this system. Initially they supsected that a calibration is needed but after that they said it is not compatible. I must mention that I also installed TV tuner with the antennas placed on the two sides of the front mirror so I had to push a little bit the cables in order to place them gently under the wallpaper of the car.
3. Cannot dial the phone numbers for the phone book list when connecting phone via bluetooth.
4. Contacts do not appear in contact list.
5. Google maps don't speak the whole words in navigation.

I contacted seller but till now he cannot find a solution. Seller sent me only the same software releases but not a solution. I must mention that the canbus settings are
Canbus: 10 NISSAN 2013 TEANA(Simple),Rudder: Left rudder, Type: 1 Type Hi, Key Mode: AVM 5, Volume adjust 0db. Please advise me at least with the errors on the car itself, any help from your precious experience might be useful.
HgtDave

Post by HgtDave »

TalonK wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:16 pm Checked out what carspot does... what does it do differently from tasker?

Tasker currently opens hotspot when car BT is detected. But the PX6 never boots up with wifi enabled. If it did then it would connect to phone straight away as it does when I enable wifi.

How would CarPlay turn on wifi on PX6?

Also not entirely sure will work with my phone (s10)
I suggested this method as a proof of concept as it currently works with my setup, PX5 with Android 8.0, Galaxy S7 Edge also with Android 8.0.

I have no experience of Tasker so therefore cannot answer any question regarding this, although I expect it work in the same way. Carspot Ready switches the Hotspot ON when it connects via BT to the device you have designated (PX5) or in your case PX6.

Your question of how will Carspot turn on your PX6 Wi-Fi is simple, once you have activated WI-FI on the PX6 it continuously (every few seconds) searches for any WIFI SSID’s and connects to one that has been previously setup, selecting the one with the best signal. Once you present a local Wi-Fi signal (your hotspot) that has previously been setup, your PX6 will auto-connect, just the same as your S10 does when you enter your home.

Once you have proved this method to work you can revert to Tasker if you wish.

If it doesn’t work as expected then you can work through the method to ascertain which application or service is not working or setup correctly.

I have also read somewhere that a certain security update to Android stopped Wi-Fi being activated automatically by an application though I cannot find any official reference to this.

Good luck and let me know how you progress
IT Consultant of 37Yrs (Retired)
Mk2 Qashqai - J11 1.6 Dig-T Tekna (Ex)
Now BMW X3
Dasaita Android 8.0 4+32g Octa core HA5225 V840 Head Unit
as fitted to my now EX Qashqai