After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

ICE, Equipment, Options
HgtDave
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by HgtDave »

tbersimis wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:11 am
TalonK wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:15 am No. Not contact cards. My unit requested contact list when I tried to use dialling app for first time. Hence why I suggested removing pairing and starting a fresh
Mine did not ask for any contacts when pairing. Do you have Dasaita also? Any other idea? I also imported the google contacts with the phone numbers but no change...
I have answered the question Of Google contacts vs Bluetooth contacts before, these are TWO different sets of data and are stored and accessed in your Head Unit separately and independently.

Contacts in the default Bluetooth phone app are synced when you pair your mobile, if the settings are correct. In your case they are still missing.

Contact Synced via your Google account or Imported as VCards or CSV file will be available to ALL phone Aps and Google Assistant ("Hey Google") EXCEPT the default Bluetooth calling app.

I am assuming you have an iPhone, to get your Bluetooth contacts synced correctly look at this link https://www.wallacechev.com/blog/blueto ... -your-car/, you must switch on contact sharing.
IT Consultant of 37Yrs (Retired)
Mk2 Qashqai - J11 1.6 Dig-T Tekna (Ex)
Now BMW X3
Dasaita Android 8.0 4+32g Octa core HA5225 V840 Head Unit
as fitted to my now EX Qashqai

tbersimis
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by tbersimis »

HgtDave wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:13 pm
tbersimis wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:11 am
TalonK wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:15 am No. Not contact cards. My unit requested contact list when I tried to use dialling app for first time. Hence why I suggested removing pairing and starting a fresh
Mine did not ask for any contacts when pairing. Do you have Dasaita also? Any other idea? I also imported the google contacts with the phone numbers but no change...
I have answered the question Of Google contacts vs Bluetooth contacts before, these are TWO different sets of data and are stored and accessed in your Head Unit separately and independently.

Contacts in the default Bluetooth phone app are synced when you pair your mobile, if the settings are correct. In your case they are still missing.

Contact Synced via your Google account or Imported as VCards or CSV file will be available to ALL phone Aps and Google Assistant ("Hey Google") EXCEPT the default Bluetooth calling app.

I am assuming you have an iPhone, to get your Bluetooth contacts synced correctly look at this link https://www.wallacechev.com/blog/blueto ... -your-car/, you must switch on contact sharing.

I don't have iPhone, but a Xiaomi Android. What do you mean by writing my settings are missing? I have paired the phone and set it to share contacts and access call logs, but nothing changes. thanks again for your support.
TalonK

Post by TalonK »

Android should be easy... remove the entry in your bluetooth list on your phone. Remove the pairing on the unit.turn both off and on.

And then just start from fresh... pair phone...goto dialling app and then contact option. Hopefully will then ask for permission to access contact list.

Mine is all stored on google ..not phone and still got it with no issues
HgtDave

Post by HgtDave »

Hi tbersimis

Unfortunately you have a problem, there are known issues with syncing contacts with a Xiaomi phone imported from China. The manufacturers have created an unusual MIUI rom which is very restrictive. I don’t know the answer with your phone. The best advice I can offer is to borrow a non Chinese Android phone, to load your contacts and then transfer them to the head unit. However, you don’t need to use the default PX5 Bluetooth dialler, just use the Google Assistant on the PX5 for all your calls.
Now BMW X3
tbersimis

Post by tbersimis »

Thanks guys for your replies! The strange thing is that I used another Samsung Galaxy phone and contacts are not synced either....I unpaired and paired again without any result...
HgtDave

Post by HgtDave »

tbersimis wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:27 pm Thanks guys for your replies! The strange thing is that I used another Samsung Galaxy phone and contacts are not synced either....I unpaired and paired again without any result...
Check these settings:

On the PX5 go to Settings>Car>Factory settings (code is 126)>App - check the BT is set to WQ_BC6

When your Samsung Phone is paired, on your phone go to Settings>Connections>Bluetooth>’your paired head device’ and check that Contact sharing is switched on and highlighted.

Ensure your phone is actully paired, initate a phone call on your handset, it should play through the Car speakers.

On your PX5 open the BlueTooth app and tap on the Refresh button shown red in photo

Bluetooth.jpg

this should refresh your contacts

Dave
Now BMW X3
tbersimis

Post by tbersimis »

Thank you so much friend, it was only enough to press the refresh button!
TalonK

Post by TalonK »

Glad you got there.
shouk_1987

Post by shouk_1987 »

Hello Guys

I have read the thread very carefully
Thanks for @TalonK and @HgtDave for thier great feedback
Now please if you can enlighten me I would be grateful
I live in Egypt and had a J11b QQ 1.2T with cvt
We never offered the new 1.3T with dct transmission
Anyway I ordered the dasaita px6 one from aliexpress and will arrive by end of October
My stock unit is the small 4.3" NON touch screen hence I ordered the correct canbus for it

Now my car DOESNOT have the following :
- GPS antenna or stock navigation
- 360 cameras ( only single back camera )
- lane assist or collision detector or pedestrians detector etc
- No DAB in my country
- No heated front Window or windscreen or heated seats
- TPMS ( orderd external valve USB one to add it in the extra USB in the headunit to put it in the glove box )

Kindly confirm the following sp I can be sure of correct Installation
Note that I have OEM intelligent / smart key
I have also the plastic tools to dissamble the OEM stock unit

- No need to remove negative battery terminal
- Where to fix the PX6 ground black wire as I didnot get it from your explanation
- Is built in mic is good enough for PX6 ? as I cannot figure out where to put external mic without making it look obvious or dull
- I should keep the smart key far from car during installation to NOT trigger auto ACC
- I should plug all A/C connectors as it include SRS before powering up the head unit to avoid going to a dealer to clear the error
- Shall I keep stock unit OS or go to custom rom ( I can share the xda link if you are interested )
- Shall I go with FCC launcher or keep stock
- Do I need to configure touch study keys as SWC will not work by default ?
- Do you get audio feedback on the small screen between dials like the stock one , like the chosen audio source , the current track name or current radio station with RDS ?

I have also known theoretically the way to make android auto fully works without the hardware plugin via an app ( not screen mirroring , tell me if you are interested to know )
Thanks everybody for this great forum
HgtDave

Post by HgtDave »

shouk_1987 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:11 am Hello Guys

I have read the thread very carefully
Thanks for @TalonK and @HgtDave for thier great feedback
Now please if you can enlighten me I would be grateful
I live in Egypt and had a J11b QQ 1.2T with cvt
We never offered the new 1.3T with dct transmission
Anyway I ordered the dasaita px6 one from aliexpress and will arrive by end of October
My stock unit is the small 4.3" NON touch screen hence I ordered the correct canbus for it

Now my car DOESNOT have the following :
- GPS antenna or stock navigation
- 360 cameras ( only single back camera )
- lane assist or collision detector or pedestrians detector etc
- No DAB in my country
- No heated front Window or windscreen or heated seats
- TPMS ( orderd external valve USB one to add it in the extra USB in the headunit to put it in the glove box )

Kindly confirm the following sp I can be sure of correct Installation
Note that I have OEM intelligent / smart key
I have also the plastic tools to dissamble the OEM stock unit

- No need to remove negative battery terminal
- Where to fix the PX6 ground black wire as I didnot get it from your explanation
- Is built in mic is good enough for PX6 ? as I cannot figure out where to put external mic without making it look obvious or dull
- I should keep the smart key far from car during installation to NOT trigger auto ACC
- I should plug all A/C connectors as it include SRS before powering up the head unit to avoid going to a dealer to clear the error
- Shall I keep stock unit OS or go to custom rom ( I can share the xda link if you are interested )
- Shall I go with FCC launcher or keep stock
- Do I need to configure touch study keys as SWC will not work by default ?
- Do you get audio feedback on the small screen between dials like the stock one , like the chosen audio source , the current track name or current radio station with RDS ?

I have also known theoretically the way to make android auto fully works without the hardware plugin via an app ( not screen mirroring , tell me if you are interested to know )
Thanks everybody for this great forum

Hi

I did not disconnect the battery but was careful with the connections to the head unit ensuring that I connected the power cable last.

DO NOT switch on the ignition or ACC until you have reconnected the SRS cables.

When you remove the OEM head unit you use one of the four screws removed to provide ground as they go into the steelwork.

I fitted the mic provided, locating it on the headlining close to the windscreen above the drivers head, it’s not unsightly. The cable runs down inside the A post cover and through the dash internally to the head unit. I used an electricians flexible rod to feed the cable carefully into place in the dash. You may need a short USB extension cable if you want to locate the mic more central as it has a short cable.

I have the stock OS and can see no reason to change it, I’m not using any APPs that need the custom ROM.

The launcher is personal and dependent on how you want to layout the screen and what options you want. You can try many launchers and use the best one for you. Like all the non system software it’s just an APP, some you have to pay for some are free.

If you have a Can Bus adaptor your SWC should work and you should have no need to configure touch study unless you want to change the head unit soft keys. I use FCC launcher which allows you to remap the SWC handset UP and Down keys.

There is no feedback to the small screen between the dials on my PX5 unit.

Can’t see any point in using Android Auto as the head unit does more on its own. I connect to my Android mobile via WiFi hot spot automatically as you get better response to Google Assistance voice control when connected to the internet.

The rear camera should work automatically when you engage reverse gear just the same as the 360 camera does.

I would locate the supplied GPS antenna as high up under the dash temporarily until you have proved good reception then fix more permanently.

Good luck with the installation
Now BMW X3