After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

ICE, Equipment, Options
TalonK
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by TalonK »

In concerns to contacts list on the Px5/6 unit.mine was easy...

Open the bluetooth app or press call button.
You get the key pad screen with buttons to side.

As long as you are connected to the unit with your phone all you now need to do is hit the contacts button on the unit. This then asked to transfer contacts from phone which I allowed.
Literally seconds and it was ready to go. Also..built in mic on the PX6 is more than capable for all mic aspects

TalonK

Post by TalonK »

POI stuff: the example I gave seemed to let you do your own POI then export to a map app. Is that not what you need?
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

TalonK wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:47 pm POI stuff: the example I gave seemed to let you do your own POI then export to a map app. Is that not what you need?
TalonK...CamerAlert (PocketGPSWorld.com Ltd) works on myAndroid (8.1) phone ok. Downloads a current speed cam database for test..free. Settings are numerous. Camera POIs on that map match my local requirements at the moment. Other offerings like SpeedCamUpdates don't hence my need to edit their csv file.

I've yet to take the CamerAlert out for a check but I don't doubt the App having run both TomTom and Garmin with PocketGPS files before.

The next question is can the Android ICE perform Screen Mirroring? Or is that another App?

Colin
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
TalonK

Post by TalonK »

One of the advert pics shows it screen mirroring... but I've yet to try.

Next time I'm setting stuff up will see.

Had to give up on FCC again due to its clunky set up. Maybe I'm missing a clue somewhere but setting up on the actual device is clunky as have to do it all via touch. The demo vids show a PC setting up. Who knows.

The last app I'm trying to improve is the bluetooth ad2p function so playing music on bluetooth device has more options. Factory one is very basic.
HgtDave

Post by HgtDave »

TalonK wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:55 pm One of the advert pics shows it screen mirroring... but I've yet to try.

Next time I'm setting stuff up will see.

Had to give up on FCC again due to its clunky set up. Maybe I'm missing a clue somewhere but setting up on the actual device is clunky as have to do it all via touch. The demo vids show a PC setting up. Who knows.

The last app I'm trying to improve is the bluetooth ad2p function so playing music on bluetooth device has more options. Factory one is very basic.
Glad to se you are making progress.

Screen Mirroring is performed via the same app on both units :- EasyConnection https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... s&hl=en_GB. I personaly dont use it, I can't see the point.

With FCC try using a USB mouse, it makes the process a little easier.

Good luck with streaming music.
IT Consultant of 37Yrs (Retired)
Mk2 Qashqai - J11 1.6 Dig-T Tekna (Ex)
Now BMW X3
Dasaita Android 8.0 4+32g Octa core HA5225 V840 Head Unit
as fitted to my now EX Qashqai
TalonK

Post by TalonK »

Damn... USB mouse. Never even crossed my mind.
And I call myself tech savvy... lol

Will try.

All I need to do now is figure out how to have the unit on when engine isnt. Could spend hours tinkering

Currently using Car Launcher AG as the full version came with the unit and relatively easy to setup. Do like the premise of FCC though.

I have found poweramp to be the best music player so far as has a specific landscape mode which is perfect for car. Even has a 7 day full version trial.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

The developer of the FCC Car Launcher [official thread] on the xda-developers site:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/androi ... d-t3639659

He says this is the latest FCC issue:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... trolcenter

There might be some posts on performance and stuff in the 366 pages shown
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

The Screen Mirroring idea is to mirror (display) the Android phone Speed Cam Map...since Google is likely too snow-flaky for that kind of stuff?
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
HgtDave

Post by HgtDave »

calnorth wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:33 pm The Screen Mirroring idea is to mirror (display) the Android phone Speed Cam Map...since Google is likely too snow-flaky for that kind of stuff?
Google are in the process of including Safety Cameras in the UK together with Speed Limits and is available in some recent updates. Unfortunately, not my versions, phone or head unit.

Hence, the reason I use Sygic, map updates 4 times or more per year and Safety Cameras more often, also it’s offline so no need to use precious mobile data. BTW, Sygic displays your current speed next to the current speed limit with indication of overspeed to your personal settings.
IT Consultant of 37Yrs (Retired)
Mk2 Qashqai - J11 1.6 Dig-T Tekna (Ex)
Now BMW X3
Dasaita Android 8.0 4+32g Octa core HA5225 V840 Head Unit
as fitted to my now EX Qashqai
TalonK

Post by TalonK »

So....
Anyone with the px5 or px6 or in fact any android head unit figured the following?

Alternate bluetooth music apps?
Auto Night mode? Unit can be bright at night
Linking up to existing TPMS data for qashqai? Must be a way...