After Market Double DIN Unit - OctaCore Android

ICE, Equipment, Options
TalonK
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by TalonK »

The PX6 built in mic is great... no need for any external... I believe the PX5 it was needed but no issues in PX6.

I use Nova launcher. Not specific to cars but has a lot of customisation. Not as flashy as others but with a little effort can look great.

For wifi I use tasker on my phone. It detects when the car bluetooth connects to the phone and then turns on wifi sharing... the car then connects to that.

Everything else I have ..you dont.. or HgT has covered it.

shouk_1987
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by shouk_1987 »

HgtDave wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:53 pm
shouk_1987 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:11 am Hello Guys

I have read the thread very carefully
Thanks for @TalonK and @HgtDave for thier great feedback
Now please if you can enlighten me I would be grateful
I live in Egypt and had a J11b QQ 1.2T with cvt
We never offered the new 1.3T with dct transmission
Anyway I ordered the dasaita px6 one from aliexpress and will arrive by end of October
My stock unit is the small 4.3" NON touch screen hence I ordered the correct canbus for it

Now my car DOESNOT have the following :
- GPS antenna or stock navigation
- 360 cameras ( only single back camera )
- lane assist or collision detector or pedestrians detector etc
- No DAB in my country
- No heated front Window or windscreen or heated seats
- TPMS ( orderd external valve USB one to add it in the extra USB in the headunit to put it in the glove box )

Kindly confirm the following sp I can be sure of correct Installation
Note that I have OEM intelligent / smart key
I have also the plastic tools to dissamble the OEM stock unit

- No need to remove negative battery terminal
- Where to fix the PX6 ground black wire as I didnot get it from your explanation
- Is built in mic is good enough for PX6 ? as I cannot figure out where to put external mic without making it look obvious or dull
- I should keep the smart key far from car during installation to NOT trigger auto ACC
- I should plug all A/C connectors as it include SRS before powering up the head unit to avoid going to a dealer to clear the error
- Shall I keep stock unit OS or go to custom rom ( I can share the xda link if you are interested )
- Shall I go with FCC launcher or keep stock
- Do I need to configure touch study keys as SWC will not work by default ?
- Do you get audio feedback on the small screen between dials like the stock one , like the chosen audio source , the current track name or current radio station with RDS ?

I have also known theoretically the way to make android auto fully works without the hardware plugin via an app ( not screen mirroring , tell me if you are interested to know )
Thanks everybody for this great forum

Hi

I did not disconnect the battery but was careful with the connections to the head unit ensuring that I connected the power cable last.

DO NOT switch on the ignition or ACC until you have reconnected the SRS cables.

When you remove the OEM head unit you use one of the four screws removed to provide ground as they go into the steelwork.

I fitted the mic provided, locating it on the headlining close to the windscreen above the drivers head, it’s not unsightly. The cable runs down inside the A post cover and through the dash internally to the head unit. I used an electricians flexible rod to feed the cable carefully into place in the dash. You may need a short USB extension cable if you want to locate the mic more central as it has a short cable.

I have the stock OS and can see no reason to change it, I’m not using any APPs that need the custom ROM.

The launcher is personal and dependent on how you want to layout the screen and what options you want. You can try many launchers and use the best one for you. Like all the non system software it’s just an APP, some you have to pay for some are free.

If you have a Can Bus adaptor your SWC should work and you should have no need to configure touch study unless you want to change the head unit soft keys. I use FCC launcher which allows you to remap the SWC handset UP and Down keys.

There is no feedback to the small screen between the dials on my PX5 unit.

Can’t see any point in using Android Auto as the head unit does more on its own. I connect to my Android mobile via WiFi hot spot automatically as you get better response to Google Assistance voice control when connected to the internet.

The rear camera should work automatically when you engage reverse gear just the same as the 360 camera does.

I would locate the supplied GPS antenna as high up under the dash temporarily until you have proved good reception then fix more permanently.

Good luck with the installation
Thanks a lot mate
Your explanation is great
However if you can send me a picture of your MIC location it would be great
I just.cannot.get it where did u place it
What is headlining and how cable went through the instrument ?
And no issues at all from other parties hearing you

Also a question came in mind
How is the stock mic is disconnected , isnnot it in thr original harness and connected to thr canbus ?
It has a 5V supply while unit provide 12V so therotically it should be fried and burned

Why these unit makers didnot think of thr original MIC
To provide 5V output dedicated for stock MIC
TalonK

Post by TalonK »

The built in PX6 mic is brilliant...I wouldn't worry about connecting a leaded mic that comes with it.
shouk_1987
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by shouk_1987 »

TalonK wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:36 pm The built in PX6 mic is brilliant...I wouldn't worry about connecting a leaded mic that comes with it.
Thanks for the info
So no need for external MIC niceeeee
I cannot wait to have it installed :(
Mad Maru

Post by Mad Maru »

Finally ordered my PX6 after an I’ll fated cheaper version (android 8 2gb ram 11gb rom) was woefully under powered and only stayed on when the ignition was on. Which was a deal breaker and no SD card slot either.

Can anyone confirm their unit remain on like the oem unit and turns off when voltage drops or does unit only turn on with acc on?
TalonK

Post by TalonK »

Unit can stay on after ignition is off. On initial setup I had to start engine a few times to counter the battery saving feature of the car.
Mad Maru

Post by Mad Maru »

TalonK wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:30 pm Unit can stay on after ignition is off. On initial setup I had to start engine a few times to counter the battery saving feature of the car.
Thanks that’s a relief can’t wait for it to arrive now and get it installed the rest of this post helped with previous install just wrong item purchased.
Mad Maru

Post by Mad Maru »

Arrived & fitted in just over a week no import charges either. Got a few things to setup still like the setting up of the manual 360 camera activation and a discreet compact subwoofer to finish off the system while I consider the best speakers to invest in as an upgrade.
TalonK

Post by TalonK »

360 camera relatively easy .. this topic has got it in somewhere :)
Mad Maru

Post by Mad Maru »

TalonK wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:17 am 360 camera relatively easy .. this topic has got it in somewhere :)
Yeah I know but found it this morning just needed some sleep as found it then couldn’t recall the process and chose to look with fresh eyes.

Only thing I’m not having joy with is the unit turning off once ignition is turned off do I need to splice a constant power source via the key cables as none of the installs mention this?