ICE, Equipment, Options
marlon32

Post by marlon32 »

Hi all,

Can this be done?
If so, how?

Bpirie1000

Post by Bpirie1000 »

There is a way to get the seatbelt chime noise to stop.

Wear the seatbelt..
Not there for anyone else but you...

(Have seen folks put the seatbelt behind them whilst plugged in.....)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Why would you want to disable it?
raefil

Post by raefil »

Some disabled drivers are exempt by law due to the restrictive nature of the belts.
J11b 1.5dci NConeccta Vivid blue
duncho

Post by duncho »

Buy 50p tool which you put in seat belt catch instead of seatbelt hook. So simple ;)
http://s.aliexpress.com/fYrqy22y
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Marlon32, I assume that your request is to just "turn of the Chimes" but still wear the Seatbelt ? Well hopefully yes ! unless as mentioned due to medical reasons this is not on - Dave :?
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
marlon32

Post by marlon32 »

Yes i do always where me seat belt and also make sure everyone else in the car wears their seat belt too.

All it is, when im in a rush, i may reverse the car off my drive (without my belt on), and instead of hearing the annoying chimes...id rather turn them off. I then put my seat belt on while on the move.

So buying a seat belt clip doesn't solve the issue....as i do actually wear my belt.

This was done on my previous car (Audi).
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

What chime, our car does not chime, just shows a display in the centre screen between the dials and a yellow light on the centre console (I think).
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

F1 Bob wrote:What chime, our car does not chime, just shows a display in the centre screen between the dials and a yellow light on the centre console (I think).
If you go above 9mph it should also start to "bong". Or mine did.
Only found that out when driving from the allotment carpark to the main gate (always locked).
Don't see the point in putting on a seatbelt on a private road that i wouldn't go over 10mph on.

If that's the case generally, and reverse isn't a special case, then the OP is reversing off their drive pretty sharpish :)
Nissan no more...
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Yes Richard is correct, I have a similar situation on our holiday park, where I will drive down to the office around 600 yards without the seatbelt. If I stick to the 10mph speed limit it never chimes, so marlon32 must reverse out of his drive at some speed to activate the chime.

I have also found that if in the car on my own and both dogs jump on the passenger seat this also sets off the chime. Luckily my Mrs. is usually in this seat and the dogs are in the rear, which does not have a weight activating device activating the seat belts.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors