Turn off seat belt chime?

ICE, Equipment, Options
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Thanks guys - You live and learn. Just shows what a good boy I am with my seat belt as it has never activated in 19 months. I will have to try it now!
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze

Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

I tend to put my cameras on the passenger seat and that sets the warning chime off. On some cars there is a way to turn warning chime and possibly the light off for individual seats. I came across instructions for my Ford Ranger T6 pickup on the net somewhere and it is fairly complex. If I remember correctly it is to turn the ignition on, not the engine, then buckle and unbuckle the belt six times, about a second apart, then turn the ignition off. It worked for the Ranger driver's seat, which was needed because it does a lot of offroad work and faffing about on private roads and yards, where jumping in and out often is done regularly from day to day. The chime drives one batty.
marlon32

Post by marlon32 »

Quacker wrote:I tend to put my cameras on the passenger seat and that sets the warning chime off. On some cars there is a way to turn warning chime and possibly the light off for individual seats. I came across instructions for my Ford Ranger T6 pickup on the net somewhere and it is fairly complex. If I remember correctly it is to turn the ignition on, not the engine, then buckle and unbuckle the belt six times, about a second apart, then turn the ignition off. It worked for the Ranger driver's seat, which was needed because it does a lot of offroad work and faffing about on private roads and yards, where jumping in and out often is done regularly from day to day. The chime drives one batty.
Hi tried the above with no joy.

Anyone else know another way?
iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

Even though I always buckle up I hate the sound if I delay a bit or if I put stuff in the back or the front passenger seat. Sometimes my wife delays putting the seatbelt while checking the kids are ok in the back seats
In all my Toyotas this was done electronically via access to the main board with the service point's computer. Since this was a software cheat if you had the battery changed the cheat had to be reapplied.
In the QQ the cheat is hardware based and you need to unplug something below the driver's seat ... I asked for this in the main dealership and they were happy to do it provided they kept written and dully signed record of it.
So in case you have access to the maintenance manual I believe that you will be able to find out which pins to unplug.
Last edited by iceman GR on Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qashqai 1,5, Acenta Premium, Black, Chrome Premium Pack, Side Chrome, Roof Rails (11/2014) SOLD 1/2017
marlon32

Post by marlon32 »

thanks iceman GR
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

You Live and Learn ! I think I will continue to wear a Seat Belt (Beep or No Beep) and enforce it as always in our QQ. In the US we have a Big Problem with friends trying to get them to wear Belts, but it is easy > No Belt - No Ride ! - Dave :)

Rather Frightening but he survived :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhoFybK ... e=youtu.be
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
blondib
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by blondib »

Finally got rid of it. Disconnect the smallest connector under the seat and thats it. No chime, no seat belt indicator warning. (Photo under the driver's seat). J11 Nissan Qashqai - 2016 - Tekna - 1,6 T.

20180318_133609.jpg

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

blondib wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:14 pm Finally got rid of it. Disconnect the smallest connector under the seat and thats it. No chime, no seat belt indicator warning. (Photo under the driver's seat). J11 Nissan Qashqai - 2016 - Tekna - 1,6 T.
and, I suspect, an MOT fail
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
tophat57
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by tophat57 »

Perhaps fumbling with your seatbelt as you move off isn't the safest way to drive! Would be interesting to read the inevitable accident report though.

Do our makeup and make calls/text too do we?

Put your belt on before you start driving, just a thought!
Facelift J11b N-connecta 1.6 x-tonic in vivid blue. And a dual accelerator for my dodgy foot..........
blondib
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by blondib »

"and, I suspect, an MOT fail"

Comment by iceman GR » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:02 pm:
"In the QQ the cheat is hardware based and you need to unplug something below the driver's seat ... I asked for this in the main dealership and they were happy to do it provided they kept written and dully signed record of it. So in case you have access to the maintenance manual I believe that you will be able to find out which pins to unplug."

So no big deal.