Cruise Control

ICE, Equipment, Options
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

The 2014 QQ does not have adaptive cruise control as some other models do, but does the forward collision warning braking act in a similar way ? or does it not come on at all if cruise control is on. If the FCW system is activated will the cruise control be de-activated unlike adaptive cruise control that automatically takes the car back to the set speed. Has anyone tried this out yet?
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors

Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

What is adapted cruise control Jon?
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Marianda24"]What is adapted cruise control Jon?[/QUOTE]
Hi Marianda Adaptive cruise control is similar to conventional cruise control in that it maintains the vehicle's pre-set speed. However, unlike conventional cruise control, this new system can automatically adjust speed in order to maintain a proper distance between vehicles in the same lane. This is achieved through a radar headway sensor, digital signal processor and longitudinal controller. If the lead vehicle slows down, or if another object is detected, the system sends a signal to the engine or braking system to decelerate. Then, when the road is clear, the system will re-accelerate the vehicle back to the set speed.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Chortes

Post by Chortes »

[quote="jonceebee"][quote="Marianda24"]What is adapted cruise control Jon?[/QUOTE]
Hi Marianda Adaptive cruise control is similar to conventional cruise control in that it maintains the vehicle's pre-set speed. However, unlike conventional cruise control, this new system can automatically adjust speed in order to maintain a proper distance between vehicles in the same lane. This is achieved through a radar headway sensor, digital signal processor and longitudinal controller. If the lead vehicle slows down, or if another object is detected, the system sends a signal to the engine or braking system to decelerate. Then, when the road is clear, the system will re-accelerate the vehicle back to the set speed.[/QUOTE]That was the best description I've ever read... I was wondering the same...... Can someone try it out and let us know?
Really?
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

I am hoping it has got the ACC, when i drive up to York I put my CC on and adjust speed with the stalk if it has the ACC system on i for one will be a very happy bunny. when i was looking at the Octavia they had just took it of the options list it has it on the Golf but for me the golf was to small the only other car that as it on Leon. which i am considering if i don't get a new delivery date soon.
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

That is a brilliant explanation Jon. Many thanks for taking the time to explain it. My Astra Elite doesnt have ACC but it would be very useful if it did. Hopefully someone will be able to tell us if the FCW (or whatever its called) does the same job. I really hope that the FCW/FCA continues to work when the cruise control is activated or vice versa. Time will tell. Marianda242014-03-19 17:14:54
Contigo

Post by Contigo »

It is called Front Collision Avoidance (FCA).A front Collision Avoidance system scans the road ahead using radar and can bring the car to a halt if a collision is imminent and the driver takes no action. If an impact is unavoidable, automatic braking mitigates the crash, reducing damage and injury.It won't work above a certain speed but comes into it's own at places like roundabouts where these types of collisions occur. You know the story when you think someone has pulled off and you set off to thinking the road ahead is clear.....Apparently so safe is the new QQ that insurance companies have dropped it down a couple of insurance groups so it is great news for us owners.
Current Cars: QQ 1.5 DCi Tekna, Maserati 3200GT, Mini Cooper S

cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

i am sure i have seen a post saying it only works under 19 mph. just right for motorway jams.
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

There are youtube clips which shows that shows the crash avoidance system working at 70kph (around 43mph)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TXB6lr-rdMThe vid shows that at 40kph (25mph), given ideal conditions (Good tyres, good brake pads and discs, dry road...) the car can be bought to a stop and prevent a collision.Above this speed, a crash will almost likely occur, however the brakes will have scrubbed off some speed reducing the impact speed.
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

[quote="cliffgorse"]i am sure i have seen a post saying it only works under 19 mph. just right for motorway jams. [/QUOTE]Nissans bumf says 19mph, i suspect they've engineered in a bit of leeway in case, under less optimal conditions it doesn't stop someone at say 22mph even thought it might be capable of it.Pre-empt the "law suit"? :)
Nissan no more...