Cruise Control

ICE, Equipment, Options
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

More info:http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNOL ... caac.htmlI think 19 maybe the figure they are suggesting would "prevent" a crash.. anything above this will result in a crash BUT with reduced speed

cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

Don't fancy testing it Alley
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

[quote="cliffgorse"]Don't fancy testing it Alley[/QUOTE]Spoil sport
Nissan no more...
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

lol
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
kramrolyat70

Post by kramrolyat70 »

for some reason I thought the Tekna had Adaptive Cruise Control.....not tried it and not sure I will :-)Have used the Cruise Control a couple of times and to be honest it's "buggy".I had it set to...hang on was about to say a speed then that I possibly shouldn't...lets say 70 MPH :-) but the car was, on the flat, showing 71 on the digital display...very strange to see the Cruise Control speed at the top of the screen saying 70 and the digital speedo saying 71 just below it.....I then went down a long dip in the road still on Cruise Control the digital speedo was reading 73...strange seeing as the car should be keeping to 70.After breaking and using the Reset option to get the Cruise Control back on I noticed that the set speed had gone up by 1 MPH...so the reset had also acted as a speed increase..which I know it's the same button but surely shouldn't do that when simply re-engaging the Cruise Control.And..to be clear...I'm a very technical guy....I tested it a few times very carefully and about 1 in 5 times re-engaging the Cruise Control also added 1 MPH to the speed set.I've also seen speed increases and decreases on hills of a few MPH. I've had cruise control on my last 4 cars and have used it regularly on all of them. Never seen these things on those cars so it's not the best Cruise Control I've ever seen.That being the case even if it was adaptive I'm not sure I'd trust it...brake instead lol.Mark
Driving a 1.5DCi Tekna in Blade Silver since 14/02/2014
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I am off to North Yorkshire this weekend I will try out the C.C. on the flat and the hilly areas and se if I have similar results and report back Monday
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
TC3

Post by TC3 »

I have used cruise control on my past cars and to be honest none of the cars had a digital speedo read out of any kind so if there was a few miles per hour variation either side of the set speed it would be difficult to see unless you could feel the speed increase/ decrease as it happened which would be unlikely unless the speed difference was large.
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

my 08 scenic auto will occasionally go a few mph over the set speed, mainly on downhill, also drops a bit on steep or long uphills.Ive also noticed my digital car indicated speed can vary to my sat nav gps speed by 2-3mph.I think part of the problem is the digital nature of the display vs the analog nature of the the car speed. the display does not do fractions of mph.On my scenic there is a button to set speed, and another button to return to that set speed. in any circumstances pressing the set button again will either set auto to current speed or if already at set speed will increase by one mph. is there another button to return to set speed?
tekna cvt mag red
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I have not actually looked at the digital speedo. are we saying that it shows a different reading to the analogue one? and if so which is the more accurate. I was advised that GPS speed as shown on a Sat Nav system is nearer to the speed that police safety cams work on and these are often slower than the analogue speedo. Is the digital reading based on GPS?
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

The problem with GPS (sat nav) speeds is they only give an accurate reading on a flat and level road.It can't cope with going up and down hills in regards to "true" speed.I think planes have something similar with true air speed v's ground speed, although that's more to do with weather/wind than anything else.My current Yeti has a digital and analogue speedo but the digital is in Km/H so i can't do an exact comparison and see if they differ but at an indicated 32mph on the speedo it gives a km/h reading of about 50 (which is 31 and a bit mph?)The margins very minor and is probably due to the "not showing" decimal places.On that basis i wouldn't expect it to differ by more than 1mph if it's behaving correctly / calibrated.
Nissan no more...