DAB radio rescan

ICE, Equipment, Options
Jidder

Post by Jidder »

Hi everyone,
We have just got our 2014 tekna and I am busy exploring the gadgets.
Am I able to rescan the DAB channels, most of them appear to be not connecting.
I have a DAB in my other car and that requires frequent rescan.
Many thanks in anticipation. :D

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

This should happen automatically as you drive along.
There was a s/ware update issued by Nissan last year to accommodate DAB frequency changes.
You may need to check with your dealer if your s/ware needs updating at next visit.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Karlos76

Post by Karlos76 »

I find the dab system on mine not overly reliable too. It's been back 4 times for investigation and is still intermittent at best. Compared to the merc that I had as a courtesy car it is inferior :/
2015 Nightshade Tekna
Black Ibiscus Alloys
Chrome Side Sills
Crossover Pack
Mr Martin

Post by Mr Martin »

I have had my Qashqai for nearly 2 years. It has been back to dealers several times for DAB/SatNav issues. Apparently I have been to Inverness and Bruges this weekend but I have only been driving around the London area, radio and CD not working.
Spoke to the dealer he can fit me in to look at it in 5 weeks!!! Going on holiday with no Sat/Nav, radio etc
My best advice, from my experience, is don't buy Nissan and if you do don't expect any support.
Mak786

Post by Mak786 »

I'm quite keen to get talkRadio on dab but can only see talkSport listed. I had a demo in a 2 series bmw last week, and that had loads of dab stations that missing from my QQ, including talkRadio who are transmitting a test signal currently (live March 21st).
Tekna X-Tronic Ink Blue 1.6dCi
Jidder

Post by Jidder »

I'm in the same boat, I'm also keen to listen to the new Talk Radio station. Car went back to dealers last week for software update (which has resolved my losing of dab signal ) but what about the station update?. Wonderful to have automatic things, as long as they work.........frustrated to say the least. Any employees know how we update the station list ?
afriguy

Post by afriguy »

I have the same issue,No talk sport radio 2,no talk radio and no virgin radio,however my wifes qashqai has these channels? Nissan want to change the connect system in my two week old Tekna??? the dealer said,he has no idea?? when checking some of the qashqais at the dealer,half of them have the same problem....please help
simmo400

Post by simmo400 »

My 64 plate QQ is not the greatest DAB radio to be honest. My only recommendation is to just re boot the radio ie system re set. This mostly cures the DAB problem. Give it a couple of months and your need to do it again and again.
Simmo
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Do you have three stations in the DAB list with an anonymous sounding name like Soundwave 1-3 (I forget exactly what they are called)? If so, select them and you will find once they have loaded that they are actually Virgin Radio, Talk Radio and TalkSport 2.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
afriguy

Post by afriguy »

Hi Hound
You are a genius!
Nissan have done several updates to no avail and wanted to change the connect system.
Your advice has resolved the issue..!!
You have saved Nissan ££££££££
Thanks again