Phone holder

ICE, Equipment, Options
Mak786

Post by Mak786 »

Looking to get one of the above for my QQ. Anyone recommend a dashboard /windscreen mounted phone holder which works well in the QQ ?

I have looked at cd slot mounted ones, but they will tend to obscure the display on the satnav. Are the vent slot one stable ? Rather not go for windscreen mount, as these tend to vibrate/fall off/lose suction in my experience.

Any ideas/links appreciated...

Thanks
Tekna X-Tronic Ink Blue 1.6dCi

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mak786, I personally do not use one of these Holders but they are available from Nissan also and surprisingly enough not expensive around £18 from Glyn Hopkins. There is a Wndow and a Dash version with 360* or "U" Grip holding with Nos. KS289-360WH or BL and KS289-UG0BL for example. They are both in the Nissan QQ / Juke Accessory Catologues but there is obviously a large assortment out there on the Webs also - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Why not just keep it in your pocket?
Danny

Post by Danny »

gvmdaddy wrote:Why not just keep it in your pocket?
Or in the top tray of the arm rest...?

Either way, check out Dun Elm, they do a great 'sticky' phone holder (no annoying rattly clips), but if your phone is in a case, it needs to be a smooth case, as it just won't work if it has bumps and dips in it.
2016 - 1.2 Xtronic - N-tec + - Blade Silver
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just another option, you could try one of these Nets (there are varying sizes) stuck on the Centre Tunnel with the good old 3M Type Double Sided Tape - Dave ;)

image.jpg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Crispyjay

Post by Crispyjay »

I use a spiderpodium in the centre air vent.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003Y419K4/r ... Zwb0FSY91R
Mak786

Post by Mak786 »

Thanks for the replies guys. Will look into this.
Bigiain
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Bigiain »

I've used these - ProClip by Brodit

Brodit web page - http://www.brodit.com/brodit.html?pn=home

UK supplier - http://www.dsldevelopments.com

There are a couple of mounting locations offered for the QQ - the clip is customised to particular cars - watch you order the correct one - i accidentally ordered the lefthand drive clip :oops: - but DSLDevelopments are good - they contacted me to check that's what i really wanted and changed my order when i got back to them

I don't get my QQ until 12th March, but I've already got my ProCLip - so I can move the iPhone mount from my Mokka over.

The mounts are pretty good (customised to particular phones) - I use an active mount (powered) - the mount holds the phone securely but its loose enough and the tilt mechanism is stiff enough that you can just push the phone down into position with one hand - no need to steady the mount with the other hand. I've had them for several different phones - all have worked really well.

I'm thinking this may be useful for using my iPhone with the connect system (since bluetooth won't work properly) as the mount i have terminates in a USB plug i can have connected to the car's USB socket (on the Mokka, I use a cigarette lighter adapter)
Qashqai 1.3 Dig-T MH 158 Tekna 72 Plate in Grey
biggster

Post by biggster »

I have been using one of these for the last 18 months:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B ... detailpage

The suction cup is super sticky/tacky and it has never fallen off the windscreen. In fact, it's quite a battle to detach it after use! It grips my iPhone 6 securely for when I am using sat nav, and it works with the Apple leather case I use. I highly recommend it. Plus it is universal, so you you won't have to buy a new mount when you change phone!
Pearl Black 1.5dci Tekna - Chrome Mirrors, Chrome Door Strips, Chrome Front lip finisher, Chrome Lower Boot Strip, Mats...
Mak786

Post by Mak786 »

Just ordered a Breffo Spiderpodium - looks simplest and easiest to take out.

Thanks again for the suggestions - may revisit if it turns out not to be so great !