2015 J11 Glove box removal (to gain access to fuses)

ICE, Equipment, Options
barryT

Post by barryT »

Hi all, I'm putting a dashcam in my QQ (J11) and rather than tapping into wires, I wan't to 'piggy-back' a fuse.
My first task was to gain access to the fusebox and information was scarce, I thought I'd make a video of it, sorry about the quality but everything you need to know about glove box removal is in there. Hope it helps. :) :) :) :)
https://youtu.be/v2dcz2od8F4
2015 Qashqai Petrol 1.2 DIG-T Tekna (J11) Magnetic Red

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Access is easily gained eithout the need to remove the glovebox.
Simply open the glovebox and there is a removable access panel in the back of it. Put your fingers over and behind the access panel and press down on the plastic lug that retains it. The access panel will push towards you from its rear.
Ok, access is a little limited but there nonetheless. Also no need to remove the dash end panel.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Removing the end panel makes it a lot easier to feed dashcam cabling in through the dash, especially if you're using a socket for the dashcam's existing 12v plug. Similarly, if you have hands like bunches of bananas, that little access panel is not very helpful!

For those who are new to removing the glovebox. I found it easiest (once the checkstrap is disconnected) to have the glovebox half open, rather than fully dropped, before pulling it off its mountings
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
mtoreilly
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by mtoreilly »

Thanks for that video, really helped me as I’m hardwiring my dash cam - there was no chance my hands were getting in that little opening in the glovebox!
66 QQ 1.5dci N-Connecta Pearl Black + comfort pack
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I thought the exact same thing & pulled the glove box off when it was in the open position. Made life so much easier.
mtoreilly wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:17 pm Thanks for that video, really helped me as I’m hardwiring my dash cam - there was no chance my hands were getting in that little opening in the glovebox!