Battery start/stop draining flat etc Watchdog !!!

ICE, Equipment, Options
Lineman

Post by Lineman »

Hello, last weekend I had an intermittent warning regarding the start/stop system failure on my 2014 QQ. I brought the car to my local dealer, who diagnosed a dud battery. The dealer said that they have replaced a few batteries in QQ,s. Since the battery has been replaced I notice that the start/stop works better, that is that the engine cuts out earlier and remains off for longer. Let's hope that the replacement battery lasts longer than 2 years!
1.6 dci SVE (Tekna) Ireland. 19" diamond cut alloys changed for 17" Powder coated Black.

almayb

Post by almayb »

Update:
Car been in Greanhous Shrewsbury for a week, they phoned yesterday to say "they found that battery needed changing" (at last). Also a pipe for air-con had rubbed & also needs changing. They found something underneath had come loose causing a rattle, but they had also heard rattle from engine ( that I pointed out) and they needed to run compression test today?
I will update again when I know more.
I must say things seems to be getting sorted at last & the lady from nissan Cust service has been great with me in trying to get things done. ( hope I haven't spoken too soon)
64 plate 1.5 tekna - Bronze.
Showoffqashqaiguy

Post by Showoffqashqaiguy »

Email Marc Gander- Consumer Action Group..he's really good and has links to the CEOs in these companys. He can also do you the relevant paperwork as he is a lawyer who helps people free on a case to case basis..
Beadle
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Beadle »

I know this is an old thread that I'm resurrecting but Nissan still haven't successfully addressed this problem with the battery.
Bought my new Qashqai barely 4 months ago and guess what? - the battery is running flat and the garage are not going out of their way to resolve the problem. My battery was flat last Monday and Nissan called the RAC out to fix it. He gave the battery a boost and advised that the car should be looked at asap to investigate the problem. The best that the main dealer could do was to arrange for the car to be collected 9 days later (which would have been next Wednesday!)
Unfortunately, the car didn't make it that far, it ran flat again this afternoon. Nissan have called the RAC out again and they have advised that they will be here in around 3-4 hours. As a disabled person I rely on this car to get around. I have driven Qashqais for the past 7 years, but now it's time to ditch this one and look for another make.
Qashqai 1.2 DiG-T Tekna+ 5dr Xtronic Hatchback Vivid Blue
Beadle

Post by Beadle »

Quick update. RAC man diagnosed knackered Varta battery and replaced it with slightly higher rated Varta. Numerous fault codes found. Fingers crossed this one will last longer than the last one.
Qashqai 1.2 DiG-T Tekna+ 5dr Xtronic Hatchback Vivid Blue
Eds16
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Eds16 »

This is interesting....same has happened to me and mine is in for a diagnostic test next week.....I won't be leaving the dealership unless they give a proper resolutions to the problem.. (QQ 1.6 digi tech 66 plate) told me that it is an amp somewhere draining the battery ....been told to turn off the autolights. Could be a the make of the battery? I'll keep you all posted.
Eds16

Post by Eds16 »

Well.....got stranded again today...guess what...battery issue again. NISSAN are aware of issue and they will replace battery if there's a fault....so why not recall the cars with that specific serial no for that battery?. I'm miffed.....but i am gonna take this further as my car is only 2 years old. Feel like giving it back now!! Will be writing to the chief and also writing to watchdog too!
Jw22

Post by Jw22 »

Well...4 weeks into 1.3 ownership and.......battery flat, absolutely dead RAC just been out and diagnosed a faulty battery (varta) apparently Nissan ditched Fiamm batteries as problematic and chose Varta but never upgraded charging system which is where the root issue is...Dealer tomorrow for I guess an arguement, no doubt they will say no fault despite the RAC test report....
redqashqai

Post by redqashqai »

If RAC stated that battery failed their test, they should have replaced it there and then under warranty. Did he tell you why he wasn't going to replace the battery?
Current: 2020 1.3 DIG-T QQ NTEC - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 10.20.
Previous: 2018 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 09.18.
Previous: 2016 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11a - Flame Red - delivered 04.16.
Jimmywim

Post by Jimmywim »

Hi all, new user here.

Got the same issue with my battery I think (~2.5 year old QQ, FIAMM battery fitted) - started every since I (rather stupidly) sat in the car for about 45minutes listening to the radio with phone on charge without the engine running, back in August. Dashboard electrics just cut out, and the car failed to turn over. Got it running with a booster pack, but ever since it fails to hold it's charge - to the point where leaving it for 2 days without running it means it won't start. A couple of times since August I've got it started with a trickle charge for 10 mins, but on the Friday before Christmas I had to get a jump start from someone at work, as even only 4 hours sat in the car park was enough for it to die complete.

Went into the hidden menu this morning (haven't used the car since the 21st of December) to check the voltage - 10.5V! (it was 12.9V after the journey home from the jump start before Christmas, and when the engine was running it was up at 14V).

Phoned the RAC (via Nissan Roadside Assistance) this morning after reading many posts on this forum about battery issues. They're busy apparently, with a 3-4 hour response time but we'll see what they come back with. I'm hoping the chap can do a test on the battery and confirm the fault, so I can get a warranty replacement. Otherwise it's a £160 Halfords AGM jobby :(