Battery start/stop draining flat etc Watchdog !!!

ICE, Equipment, Options
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Jw22 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:17 pm Well...4 weeks into 1.3 ownership and.......battery flat, absolutely dead RAC just been out and diagnosed a faulty battery (varta) apparently Nissan ditched Fiamm batteries as problematic and chose Varta but never upgraded charging system which is where the root issue is...Dealer tomorrow for I guess an arguement, no doubt they will say no fault despite the RAC test report....
I have ALWAYS suspected that but my dealer wouldn't accept it!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)

Jimmywim
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Jimmywim »

Update from me - RAC man came out and did full diagnostics, returning that the battery is unserviceable and replaced under warranty. All done within 30 minutes. Also made sure there wasn't another drain on the battery when the car is cold, a cleared all ECU error codes and flagged to the ECU that a new battery has been installed.
Jw22
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Jw22 »

RAC stated that they are not allowed to change Varta batteries under the Nissan warranty scheme only FIAMM....Varta issues to be dealer managed as Nissan feel that fitting Varta has solved issues....Dealer tells me they have done 4 in last few weeks all Varta..
paplane

Post by paplane »

I'd just like to record on this thread that I've had a Fiam battery fail on me this weekend. The car is at the dealers now being sorted.

I have a J11B, it's nine months old and has done 5500 miles.

Previously I had a J11 with a Fiam battery too - that failed also and was replaced under Warranty.

Over the last couple of weeks I have been noticing that the windscreen blower fan was struggling a little when switched on and car cold. I also once noticed (by looking at a reflection in the car above) that the headlights were pulsing slightly. Then yesterday, I was parked up in a car park, I got in the car and and it wouldn't start at all. The day before I'd been on a 100 mile run so no reason to suspect the battery would be flat.

I wanted to push the car to a better place whilst I awaited recovery. But the handbrake was obviously locked on and there was no power to turn it off. I also managed to manually lock the front door with the key blade but dont know how you go about locking the rear doors & boot manually (rear doors dont have a key hole). So basically I was stuck there stranded with a car I couldnt move and couldnt lock. God knows what I would've done if it wouldnt start in the middle of the road at traffic lights.

Incdently I've just been reading the manual to learn how to lock the car up manually and still dont know! Anyone on here know how?