Battery start/stop draining flat etc Watchdog !!!

ICE, Equipment, Options
almayb

Post by almayb »

Any opinions on contacting BBC Watchdog?
The amount of problems that are down to the battery being duff or not charging properly is overwhelming . Nissan know there's a major problem but are not sorting it. Customer service have said again that when my car goes in to garage this month after another week of jump starting , if no fault appears on diagnostic read-out they can't replace battery or anything else under warranty . They say they can't make dealer change battery & dealer says they can't change without nissans say-so!!!
So whose in charge? If I bought a kettle that had a problem under warranty it would be repaired or replaced by law. How can a car franchise be above the law? So I'm thinking of the Watchdog program, if enough of us register a complaint then I'm sure they will look into it. So what do you all think? If any of you are up for it I will contact them & post a link / contact info for others of you to add weight to the problem.
64 plate 1.5 tekna - Bronze.

montimar

Post by montimar »

You can count on my support. I have had major starting problems and even purchased a jump start kit to stop me getting stranded. The RAC said I needed a replacement battery but Nissan Customer Service would not agree to a replacement. I gave up in the end and paid for my own replacement at a cost of £59. Not a vast amount of money but what is the point of a warranty if it is ignored when you have a problem.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
almayb

Post by almayb »

I said to customer services that a lot of people have had to pay for the battery to be replaced because of the problem and she replied " Yes I know they have"!!!!
So in that case they know of the problem and also if it recurs after replacing the battery, it may be the management module. Then you and others have wasted your money on new battery's because as I told them "Something is causing the battery to drain" (RAC think its the module). I can fully charge mine and it is flat within a week in cold weather?
paplane

Post by paplane »

Can you not just try a different dealer? You dont have to keep going back to the one you purchased it from.

My dealer changed my battery no problem. He said it was the third he'd changed that week.
johnbull

Post by johnbull »

I must have been lucky if that's the right term as my battery failed on my 2012. j10 1.6 dci just short of three years and the new one on my 2015. J11 failed after 8 or 9 months ,both were tested and replaced under warranty. I have owned Qashqai,s since the early days 2007 the 1.5 dci had no battery problem in 5 years use.
Drive carefully, Live longer
almayb

Post by almayb »

paplane wrote:Can you not just try a different dealer? You dont have to keep going back to the one you purchased it from.

My dealer changed my battery no problem. He said it was the third he'd changed that week.
When the car goes in this month it will be the 3rd dealer to try to solve the problem & as I have stated nissan have told me that they will not authorise a replacement battery unless they have the fault printout from diagnostics. So far when the car has gone in there is no fault showing. Therefore they charge the battery and return the car.
TC3

Post by TC3 »

We had the battery replaced by dealer last month on our 2014 QQ after they checked it and found it lacking. However we had called out the break down service 3 times in the previous month due to non starting and in all cases we got a report from the breakdown guy saying battery at fault. no way our dealer could say anything but change it
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Davefc

Post by Davefc »

I too have had battery problems (see post) i have had no issues since the dealer did a test and changed the glow plugs (strange i know). Its still a concern to be out and about and it wont start. I would have liked anew battery but the dealer did not think it was required. We wait and see.
Nissan Qashqai Tekna 2015 1.6 Tci Panoramic roof, Sat Nav, Cruise Control, Climate Control, Leather Trim, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Reversing Sensors Front and Rear, Electric Seats, DAB Radio, 19" Alloy Wheels, Reverse Parking Camera
almayb

Post by almayb »

They changed my glow plugs in February when they towed the car in with flat battery as it was the only fault that showed o diagnostics but has made no difference . Hope you have better luck.
almayb

Post by almayb »

Also car going in on 25th of April with nissan hiring me a juke for 2 weeks while car is looked at which must cost a lot more than a new battery.
This time they are looking for the tinny rattle from engine again that other dealer could not hear last time and new hard plastic sounding click in centre of car every time I turn steering wheel?