Cannot set satnav when moving?!

ICE, Equipment, Options
ImoT

Post by ImoT »

So overall we have been fairly happy with our sat nav. The only issue is, if I'm driving along and my partner sets the sat nav up, it cannot pin point where we are accurately and so although it gives us directions they are totally wrong. If we set it up before we start moving its totally fine. Does this happen with anyone else? Is it something to contact Nissan about?

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Works fine for me.
NorfolkJohn

Post by NorfolkJohn »

Following a reload of the firmware (as mentioned on this thread viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3993 ) mine now works well. Destination can be set when either stationary or driving and both work fine.

I would have a word with your dealer and see what they think.
2016 Ink Blue 1.6 Dig-T Tekna with Pano Roof.
NorfolkJohn

Post by NorfolkJohn »

P.S. If you go into the hidden menu (hold down setup, twist right hand knob anticlockwise from 12 o'clock to 9 o'clock then clockwise to 3 o'clock then back to 9 o'clock) you can see how many satellites the system is locked onto plus various other bits of system information. May help you work out where things are going wrong. e.g. do you get a better fix when the car is stationary compared to moving etc.
2016 Ink Blue 1.6 Dig-T Tekna with Pano Roof.
ImoT

Post by ImoT »

Thought I had replied to this sorry. I have emailed the dealership. I had no idea about that secret menu...will talk to my partner as he is slightly more clues up about these things.