Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
catnash

Post by catnash »

My qashqai is now with my wife, just noticed its not very cold on a recent trip, time for a review.
1.2 Auris TS, Yaris 1.5.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This is purely for information : Nissan Air Con Video & some facts from a US Nissan Dealer on Air Con Problems - Dave ;)
It does mention recharging after 5-6 years on the US Blurb but I am not sure how old this doc is.

https://youtu.be/IezJ2fm_1Cc

http://www.vernonnissan.com/service/fre ... ditioning/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

DaveBerlin wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 6:41 am This is purely for information : Nissan Air Con Video & some facts from a US Nissan Dealer on Air Con Problems - Dave ;)
It does mention recharging after 5-6 years on the US Blurb but I am not sure how old this doc is.

https://youtu.be/IezJ2fm_1Cc

http://www.vernonnissan.com/service/fre ... ditioning/

Nissan UKs take on it is that a re-gas should be done every 2 years. They have told me this several times over the last few weeks. On their website it says that the system can loose 10 % per year. There is 500g in a full tank yet mine looses over 300g in 18 months yet they are struggling to find a leak.

I now have mine booked in at a different Nissan dealer (to the one that re-gassed it) and I have got the Managing Directors office involved in my case (its been taken out of the hands of Nissan Customer Care because the case manager was totally hopeless). It will be throughly (I hope) checked over on the 3rd June and hopefully they will find the cause of the problem and refund me the money I just had to fork out for the re-gas.
jackk

Post by jackk »

Hi Guys Thi same problem air con out If system need be re-filled why I need pay for this? If there is a gas leaks it should be fixed under warrant?
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

All I can say is that I have a 19 year old Toyota and its air-con works as good as new. It has never been touched. Never been near a dealer for regassing or anything like that. 200,000 miles on it now.

I've a feeling that my 29 month old Qashqai's air con isn't cooling as it should, similar to what others have mentioned. In that time its done just over 20k miles while the Toyota has done half that. Both systems are permanently active when the engine is running, obviously within the climate control's management parameters, so nobody could claim that gas loss is due to lack of use [which is a common reason for gas loss].
andrewgr
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andrewgr »

Looks like I'm joining the legion of Qashqai owners with air-con problems. Vehicle is 29 months old so still under warranty. My air-con now only works when the outside temperature is below about 20C. I'm guessing it is short of gas. Dealer can't look at it for a month. When they do, they want me to pay (£149?) for it to be re-gassed with UV dye included. If they find a leak, it's under warranty. If not, then I pay. Seems to me that if it has lost gas, it must have a leak and if they say they can't find one and re-gas, it will leak again. Previous cars (VW and Ford) have never needed re-gassing and some have been 10 years old when sold. I don't buy the story about it leaking because it is a new type of gas, or that re-gassing may be required every two years. If the gas has different properties, the seals should be re-designed to cope. Like others, I leave a air-con on in Auto mode, so it gets regular use.
Nissan Qashqai N-Tec+ First Registered December 2014
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

andrewgr wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 1:37 pm Looks like I'm joining the legion of Qashqai owners with air-con problems. Vehicle is 29 months old so still under warranty. My air-con now only works when the outside temperature is below about 20C. I'm guessing it is short of gas. Dealer can't look at it for a month. When they do, they want me to pay (£149?) for it to be re-gassed with UV dye included. If they find a leak, it's under warranty. If not, then I pay. Seems to me that if it has lost gas, it must have a leak and if they say they can't find one and re-gas, it will leak again. Previous cars (VW and Ford) have never needed re-gassing and some have been 10 years old when sold. I don't buy the story about it leaking because it is a new type of gas, or that re-gassing may be required every two years. If the gas has different properties, the seals should be re-designed to cope. Like others, I leave a air-con on in Auto mode, so it gets regular use.
I can't believe that Nissan as still acting like these are all individual cases !

Have you got a Westway Nissan anywhere near you ? They are offering re-gassing for £79. I phoned 2 different dealerships up and both have confirmed that this includes the new type gas (still not convinced it does myself !) so you might want to try one of them first. Unfortunately I took mine to my local Nissan dealership expecting them to find the fault and not charge me but they did to the tune of £264. Rip-Off merchants !
andrewgr
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andrewgr »

I'm keen to keep on good terms with my dealer - still have a 'free' service to be provided, so will take it to them to get this sorted. However, I'll make it clear when I take it in that I'm aware of the continuing problems and expect them to find the fault and fix it - at their expense. Once it is out of warranty, I'll look around for cheaper service options.
Nissan Qashqai N-Tec+ First Registered December 2014
Iandee

Post by Iandee »

Have you had the condenser changed under warranty. Mine was because the originals couldn't cope with the new gas.
Ian Dee
1.2 petrol manual Acenta Premium Dig-T Reg May 2014, Magnetic Red. bought Feb 2015.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Must be some kind of design flaw as you don't hear of consumers having to re-has their domestic fridges every couple of years! My last fridge ran for over 20 years before it packed in!
The problem has to be the seals.