Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Lanstrom wrote:So is there no traditional engine radiator then ? It would seem the large fan isn't for cooling the engine radiator unless it's behind the air con condenser ?
The radiator's behind the condenser as I noted when I posted the photos of the rad pack, saying "The condenser and radiator appear to form a sandwich" - and of course you've now seen the service manual diagrams. So they've replaced the right bit! ;)
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic

Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Yes I understand now. Thanks for taking the time to explain.
Deleted User 2899

Well I took the car in on the 3rd June and Westway (Birmingham) confirmed it was the condenser (the guy said he spotted it straight away). I had a call from the Nissan Directors Office (as they have taken my case over after receiving extremely poor support from their Customer Services Dept) on 5th June and they confirmed that I would get a refund from Polesworth Garage (my local Nissan Dealer) because they failed to spot the faulty condenser and charged me £264 for the privilege of a re-gas (they didn't even bother to do an antibacterial clean on the system !).

I have refrained from naming my local dodgy dealership so far but I have had enough. WHY am I still waiting 2 weeks later for my refund after they stole my money ? The directors office told me that they need to send the money to Polesworth first (because they need to get paid for the gas they used) and once Polesworth have the money they will then refund me. This is disgusting ! Polesworth have already ripped me off (they didnt even put dye in the gas like they said they would) and now I am the one who has to wait. Well when I originally paid they had taken the money out of my account by the time I even got home yet its now taken 2 weeks to get a refund !

Don't use Polesworth Garage ! I have spoken to several people since this incident and all of them have bad words to say about them so it's not just me they have upset.
andrewgr
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andrewgr »

Back in May I posted that my 64 plate Qashqai's a/c wasn't working. The dealer couldn't look at it until today and would charge me £149 to regas if they couldn't find a leak. The good news is that they found a leaking condenser (we seem to have heard that before) and it will be fixed under warranty. The bad news is that they don't keep the condenser in stock despite admitting that they have 'had a few problems with them' and they would have to order one in. I noted that on the list of parts they were ordering the condenser was listed at around £255. There were also a couple of O rings etc. It will be fixed (I hope) when the car goes for a booked service on 24 July. 2 months without aircon during the hottest weather we've seen for years. It seems surprising that main dealers aren't keeping the parts in stock - or perhaps they are still in short supply.

On the top of the heap of work sheets for cars awaiting collection was another 2014 QQ reported as 'air con not working' to which had been added the note - 'diagnosed - leaking condenser'. It's clear they have a major problem with these cars - why don't they admit it as soon as the problem is brought to their attention?

Has anyone had a problem with a QQ where the aircon has been fixed? It will be very annoying if it fails again soon after the repair warranty runs out.
Nissan Qashqai N-Tec+ First Registered December 2014
Deleted User 2899

Mine was 8 days in between the dealership ordering the condenser and fitting it. This was 3 weeks ago.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Andrew, ours was changed in July 2016 and is still working satisfactory. We have just returned from a long trip and the System was faultless. If it was not OK I would be back at Nissan - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Thatlovingfeeling

Post by Thatlovingfeeling »

Just a quick update on my 14 plate QQ.

Condenser was replaced under warranty by Bristol Street Nissan in Ilkeston, Derbyshire.

Service team were helpful. Took 12 days from diagnosis to repair because they had to order the part. Had to endure the sweltering weather in between but it appears to now be working and will hopefully stay that way.

The staff at the garage acknowledged that they'd dealt with a lot of faulty QQ condensers and Nissan were now aware of the problem.

Just wanted to say "thank you" to everybody who has posted in this forum (especially Dave), I think it helped strengthen my arguement and hope everybody manages to get their cars sorted too.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Good to hear you got the Air Con Problem sorted. I can again only advise get the facts together photos, data etc and just present them - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Lucas_R

Post by Lucas_R »

Hi,

In common with many others, I am having problems with the air conditioning on my Qashqai.

- Sept 2016 : Aircon working fine, no problems
- Jan 2017 : Involved in a rather nasty collision (see photo below)
- Feb2017 : Car repaired and returned to me
- Mar 2017 : Warranty expired
- Apr 2017 : First time I'd tried using the aircon since Sept 2016, only blowing warm air
- Jun 2017 : Took to main dealer who said it was the condenser and would cost £500 but they would do it for £330 as it's a well known problem

I think it's a possible that the damage to the condenser was caused by the accident but the guy at the main dealer (who was rather arrogant and dismissive) said this couldn't have been the case (although he didn't even ask where the damage was on the car).

Based on the photo below, please can you offer your opinions on whether the problem with the condenser could have been due to the accident ?

Many Thanks
Lucas

Qashqui.jpg

Deleted User 2899

Personally I would very much doubt it. Get in touch with Nissan customer services even though it's out of warranty. It's an inherent fault so they should still pay to get it fixed !