Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Westway Nissan do fixed price Air con service for £79. Someone on here confirmed that's for the new style gas too.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T

Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Makara wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:01 pm Hi All.
Recently noticed our air con was not very cold at all, so booked it in to Nissan to be looked at under warranty. They have said they can't find any leaks and it needs a regas, which costs £149. I thought I'd do a bit of research and found this thread and now I'm wondering if I need a second opinion. The warranty expires next month and I will be mighty annoyed if I spend £150 on a regas and it doesn't solve the problem, and it turns out to be a condenser that is no longer covered by the warranty. What do you guys think?

Does anyone know the cheapest way of getting a regas, the dealer mentioned that places like Kwik-Fit can't do them due to a special gas or something?
I would try and book it into a Westway Nissan if you can. They seem to have the knowledge of the fault already and they were pretty speedy at sorting mine.
catnash

Post by catnash »

Mine is finally going to be fixed. One dealer had said no leak. New dealer in the area seem very good. While there had a look at a new Tekna. For some reason they've stuck on silver plastic where in the previous version it's piano black. Spoils the aesthetics for me.
1.2 Auris TS, Yaris 1.5.
alpinesprite
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by alpinesprite »

I think there is evidence of sub standard condensers fitted to Qashqai's. Mine is 2016. Had the gas topped up last year for £200 and its now empty again.
Reading forums there are a lot of failed condensers out there. Not brilliant in a five year old car. There is a chap in Wales who fits a condenser upgrade and regas for £280 so after lockdown I'm off on a road trip. Not very impressed with Nissan though always thought they were known for reliability and this should have been a recall. £480 out of pocket for a shoddy part. Not happy.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Unfortunately there was an apparent batch of Faulty Condensers delivered that caused problems to the QQ’s. We had the problem on our 2014 J11 but spent no money on top ups of the new Air Con fluid. When I complained it was noticed that a minimal amount of fluid was leaking, our Dealer stuck it on a Ramp and found the leakage problems (pic has been posted) and luckily Nissan had a Condenser in stock in Amsterdam and it was exchanged under Guarantee. Unfortunately there are still a lot around and owners are spending money on “Topping Up” which is expensive - Dave 😕
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
diamata
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by diamata »

My 64 plate A/C was working just fine two weeks ago. Then since last week, it blows out warm air which is uncomfortable to drive. I emailed Nissan and referred to this forum as the issue being an inherent one. I also told them my car is out of warranty.

Nissan have emailed back recommending that I take my car to one of their authorised dealerships who have trained technicians on site who can guide me through any issues I may be having with the air conditioning. They said before they can file a goodwill complaint case at Nissan Customer Services for any repairs, the vehicle has to have had a diagnostic at the dealership first.

Contacted a local dealership and have booked it in for Friday this week. Fingers crossed.
Now: 2021 Qashqai Premiere Edition 1.3 DIG-T MHEV - Manual
Before: 2014 Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.5 Diesel – Manual
Previous: 2007 Qashqai Acenta 1.5 Diesel – Manual
daedal_eidolon

Post by daedal_eidolon »

Adding my experience to an already exhaustive thread. Asked for a recharge during March 2021 service as AC was blowing warm only and was told my condenser was damaged and needs replacing.

Contacted Nissan customer services, and referenced this thread. My case was 'escalated and discussed with all relevant departments' and was told the condenser damage was 'caused by external factors' and Nissan would not offer any goodwill contribution. Have been quoted £500+ for a replacement and recharge as others have. Has anyone had any luck with getting Nissan to admit they have a design fault? I worry after getting it replaced I'll be doing the same again in a year or 2 🤦
1.6 dci Premier Limited Edition Pearl Black (2014), Autoglym Lifeshine
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

daedal_eidolon wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:04 pm Adding my experience to an already exhaustive thread. Asked for a recharge during March 2021 service as AC was blowing warm only and was told my condenser was damaged and needs replacing.

Contacted Nissan customer services, and referenced this thread. My case was 'escalated and discussed with all relevant departments' and was told the condenser damage was 'caused by external factors' and Nissan would not offer any goodwill contribution. Have been quoted £500+ for a replacement and recharge as others have. Has anyone had any luck with getting Nissan to admit they have a design fault? I worry after getting it replaced I'll be doing the same again in a year or 2 🤦

Yes, the danger is they may replace with the same condenser type? All of its a risk really and the refrigerant is at a cost beyond belief...manufacturer scam.

Last week - had my condenser replaced by UK wide mobile service. Very good..£315 all in (3.5 hours labour) including separate diagnostic visit (1 hour). See my post below:

https://www.coolcaraircon.co.uk

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10764&p=83468#p83468
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Squashy2

Post by Squashy2 »

Looks like I have the obligatory air conditioning problem!
Worked fine yesterday however today is making one hell of a noise from behind the dash board/climate control panel on start up? Loud hissing/gurgling noises. This is the first time that this noise has appeared.
Now when I select the air conditioning warm air blows through the vents, strangely the two passenger vents blow reasonably coolish but the two drivers vents blow warm air?
I'll drop by my local Nissan Dealership tomorrow and ask them to book the car in for an inspection. Hopefully as it's still under warranty it may be covered if a defect (condenser or pipes) is found to be the cause.
Whilst it is in I will also have the front passenger door looked at, intermittently it fails to open using the external door handle and has to be opened using the internal door handle? This issue has happened several times since last Saturday
I have spent more time visiting my dealership since buying the QQ in March of this year than any of my 10+ previous cars put together. Luckily they have been exemplary and all previous faults either rectified by the dealership as a good will gesture or as a warranty claim.
2018 Acenta 1.2 DIG-T in Gunmetal grey.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

Previous QQ 2007 1.6 petrol Acenta (102K miles)
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Squashy2 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:00 pm Looks like I have the obligatory air conditioning problem!
Worked fine yesterday however today is making one hell of a noise from behind the dash board/climate control panel on start up? Loud hissing/gurgling noises. This is the first time that this noise has appeared.
Now when I select the air conditioning warm air blows through the vents, strangely the two passenger vents blow reasonably coolish but the two drivers vents blow warm air?
I'll drop by my local Nissan Dealership tomorrow and ask them to book the car in for an inspection. Hopefully as it's still under warranty it may be covered if a defect (condenser or pipes) is found to be the cause.
Whilst it is in I will also have the front passenger door looked at, intermittently it fails to open using the external door handle and has to be opened using the internal door handle? This issue has happened several times since last Saturday
I have spent more time visiting my dealership since buying the QQ in March of this year than any of my 10+ previous cars put together. Luckily they have been exemplary and all previous faults either rectified by the dealership as a good will gesture or as a warranty claim.
The Evaporator is down behind the dash...which could mean from the sounds you report its leaking badly. Thats liquid refrigerant out gassing I suspect?

Lets us know if you can.
Leaking from item 4 or 5 somewhere?

how-does-air-conditioning-work-animation-2.gif

Last edited by calnorth on Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta