Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Bobsta, looks like you picked a good Dealer if they zeroed in on the Condenser Defect so quickly and acted on it, sounds like they know what they are doing, you need to stay with them - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

rolledstone

Post by rolledstone »

Had my air con re- gassed on 21st April 2017 at my expense and today, the air con temp is no longer cold. Booked it in for them to check. Will have to mention this thread to them.

Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna 14 plate.
2014 Qashqai Tekna
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Most motor manufacturers monitor forums like this so I doubt it will be a surprise to manufacturer, it might be a surprise to your dealer. My granddaughter used to work for VW in their HQ.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Duplicate post. Sorry.
Last edited by Deleted User 2899 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Lanstrom wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:12 pm
I now have mine booked in at a different Nissan dealer (to the one that re-gassed it) and I have got the Managing Directors office involved in my case (its been taken out of the hands of Nissan Customer Care because the case manager was totally hopeless). It will be throughly (I hope) checked over on the 3rd June and hopefully they will find the cause of the problem and refund me the money I just had to fork out for the re-gas.

OK. So it turns out that my local dealership haven't got a clue what they are doing. I have now taken the car to Westway Nissan and I mentioned the condenser to the guy on reception to which he smiled and gave me an agreeing nod. Anyway I picked the car up a few hours later and they have said it IS the condenser and will change it under warranty. Now I just have to get my £264 of the Robbin gits that couldn't even be bothered to find the fault even after I told them what it might be !
[/quote]
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

At long last it is beginning to happen, this is very satisfying to read, as at long last it does appear to be the "Condenser" that is the problem and not the "Re-Gassing". Good news for you Guys ! - Dave 👍
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

Good for you Lanstrom
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

If its looking like a problem with early versions of the aircon condenser, can anyone enlighten us as to the actual problem? Is it poorly manufactured? Is it made from the wrong materials for the new gas that's used? Are the tolerences wrong, ie materials too thin? Are the seams/welds inadequate? What really is the problem???
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

gvmdaddy, this defect did seem to affect 2014 models and our Dealer / Stores did mention that there was a bad batch of Condensers manufactured. Unfortunately it is the old old story, part is sent back to Nissan never to be heard of again. There just appears to be no reporting back on the defect or cause at least to the Customer - Sorry this won't help really - Dave ;)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

DaveBerlin.....sounds about right unfortunately. The manufacturer (Nissan).... (indirectly), brush this under the carpet.
I just wondered if anything had come to light 'between the lines' in the last 18 months or so.