Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
smartn

Post by smartn »

Just had my 2015 QQ Tekna in to dealers today as air con not working and to try and fix rattles again but no joy on that front.. They have charged me £120 for a re-gas. Should I be pushing for a new condensor and a refund as it seems like its a very common fault? Very concerned it will go wrong again when outside of warranty period.

Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

smartn wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 2:16 pm Just had my 2015 QQ Tekna in to dealers today as air con not working and to try and fix rattles again but no joy on that front.. They have charged me £120 for a re-gas. Should I be pushing for a new condensor and a refund as it seems like its a very common fault? Very concerned it will go wrong again when outside of warranty period.
Where did you get it done for £120 ? That s less than half the price the garage have just charged me !

I am currently waiting for a call back from Nissan Customer Services with a reference number and a resolve as to what they are going to do for me. Its going to kick off BIG STYLE if they dont give me my money back as the car has already been regassed just 16 months ago.
smartn

Post by smartn »

Re-gas done at Wessex Nissan Bristol. Have spoken to service manager who didn't want to acknowledge that there are a lot of air con problems so will have to wait and see if the re-gas works. Only had 28g left in it so obliviously a leak somewhere. Hopefully it will leak quick so I can get it all fixed under warranty.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

This subject seems to be getting Big Time now as there are several Posts covering the same or similiar subject. Can I make a suggestion can you the Customer get your Dealer to stick the QQ up on a Hydraulic Lift and actually get underneath it with a Spot Light and if marked photograph the problem. This is how our Condenser Leak was found as when New it is pretty clean and the Leaks are shown as Black Marks. Why not give it a try as this Re-Gassing is a Rip-Off. Take a look at Page 5 of this attachment this is what you are looking for - Best of Luck Dave :)

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4197&hilit=Air+Con ... =40#p40306
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
smartn

Post by smartn »

I've got to say I think NIssan's response to this is poor to say the least. To expect customers to pay for a re-gas on cars that are less than a couple of years old when they have known issues is a cop out. When my Qashqai broke down due to a failed battery (car was about 15 months old at that time) the RAC did a diagnostic test on it, emailed it to me and it clearly said failed battery. Local dealer would not replace until I kicked up a stink about it. They said I should just drive it around and see if it failed again. It shouldn't have to be this difficult to get decent service on an item costing 27K.
Deleted User 2899

OK well I wasn't going to put an update out until I got some kind of resolve but its proving very difficult to even get anywhere ...

I phoned Nissan CS yesterday (02/05/17) at 2pm. The guy (who we shall call Shaun because that WAS his name) said they currently had a problem with their systems so he couldn't put my details on at that time. I resisted the urge to joke their computer systems was as hopeless as their cars !

10am today and STILL no call so I called them again and this time spoke to James who told me there was no notes on the system telling him that I had called yesterday. At this point I was already mad .... now I am fuming but decided not to pursue the 'why the hell don't you have notes, did I imagine my phone call then ?' line.

Anyway James has now taken my details and had given me a case number which is a good start ! Apparently they will get in touch with me "in a few days" to let me know how they will proceed. This will also give them chance to speak to the dealership to get their take on things.

Previous to the above I also phoned a couple of dealers to ask for a quote on the regass. This also proved to be difficult with people promising to phone me back, or answerphones kicking in etc. Anyway I managed to get through to Westway nissan who quoted £79. I immediately queried this as it sounded a bit too cheap. The lady assumed me that it included a refill (using the new gas) and a antibacterial clense of the sytem. I still wasn't sure this price was right so next I phoned a different branch of Westways but got the same answer !!

I also phoned Sandicliffe Nissan who gave me a price of £180 who also confirmed this was an 'all-in' price. I said "so the VATs included" and they replied YES.

Whilst speaking to Nissan Customer Services I also asked for it to be put on record that I was ripped off for the aircon at a price of £264 (£220+VAT). Of course if I get my money back (which is what I am ultimately after) that point will be moot anyway.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Lanstorm, well at last you might be onto a winner as when I have used NCS but by sending an email (black & white) I have always within days received a NCS number which normally means the Dealer will be contacted, well here at least. This number can then be used for any "Future" contact with NCS on the involved subject.
What I found in 2014 when I was delving into this R1234yf Air Con Fluid was that On speaking to our Dealer Owner (7 Dealerships) he was trying to decide what to do with regard to the new equipment needed - each Dealer to have a unit or Shared as the complete setup was New & Expensive. I would be very careful with the cheaper quotes as this could well be the older R134a Fluid mainly due to the cost differences - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 2899

DaveBerlin wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 11:34 am Lanstorm, well at last you might be onto a winner as when I have used NCS but by sending an email (black & white) I have always within days received a NCS number which normally means the Dealer will be contacted, well here at least. This number can then be used for any "Future" contact with NCS on the involved subject.
What I found in 2014 when I was delving into this R1234yf Air Con Fluid was that On speaking to our Dealer Owner (7 Dealerships) he was trying to decide what to do with regard to the new equipment needed - each Dealer to have a unit or Shared as the complete setup was New & Expensive. I would be very careful with the cheaper quotes as this could well be the older R134a Fluid mainly due to the cost differences - Dave ;)
Sorry I did mean to add that I also emailed Nissan CS on Friday evening (after I got back from the garage) but didn't receive anything back (not even an automated email) so that's why I phoned them today as I didnt want to wait any longer.

I have also just phoned Nissan Leicester and been quoted £150 including VAT so even ignoring the 2 quotes at £79 it does confirm that I have been ripped off at £264 :(
Deleted User 2899

UPDATE ....

Since I reported the problem on 3rd May I have now phoned customer services FIVE TIMES ! Each time they tell me the case manager will phone me back (which she doesnt). I eventually got to speak to her yesterday and she has told me she had contacted the dealership to get their feedback but they haven't phoned her back with a report.

I have now given them until Weds 17th May (2 weeks after 1st contact with NCS) to get it sorted else I will be contacting Trading Standards. If I still don't get my money back then I will get a solicitor involved. I have also reported the garage for ripping me off for the re-gas at £264.

My case manager did agree with me that the gas should last longer than 14-16 months so at least thats a start (although I have no written proof).
Deleted User 2899

UPDATE ...

Phoned my case manager again. She tells me that she spoke to the service manager (for the garage that just re-gassed it). He has said that no proof was offered to him that it had been previously re-gassed. I told her that he never asked for it at the time (or indeed since). So the reason he charged me £264 was because he could find no fault and since Nissan recommend the car is re-gassed every 2 years (and its nearly 3 years old) he feels the charge was justified. My argument was that he should be able to see that the car was re-gassed under warranty and it would be on Nissans system but she said there are no details on their system to say the car has been re-gassed .... WELL HOW BLOODY CONVENIENT !

I then phoned Westway Nissan and asked them if they can send me some paperwork to prove it was re-gassed by them on 12th December 2015. He said they have no record of it as it may have been done under "good will". I asked them at the time if I could have some paperwork and they said No because it was done under warranty and would be on Nissans system which would be a permanent record.

It would seem I have nowhere to go now since Polesworth Garage are saying there is no fault and so I wont be getting my money back (£264) either !

So I am £264 out of pocket and I STILL have a leak somewhere that the garage denies even exists !

here is a link to my post where I am happy about the aircon being refilled back in Dec 2015 ... you know ... the refill that allegedly never happened ....
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3235&p=34399#p34399