AirCon not working, dealer insists on regassing?

ICE, Equipment, Options
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Fore warned is fore armed.....read the link below before going to your dealer regarding aircon problems. It may point them in the right direction.

https://macsworldwide.wordpress.com/201 ... c-flowing/

Qashi

Post by Qashi »

How many people have had the stone chip through the condenser story? I've since had my old condenser checked and no fault found!
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

So, my update... Dealer identified a faulty condenser and will be submitting a claim for the work to be done under warranty. For the time being I've not asked the dealer to elaborate on 'faulty condenser' , I might do if the claim is rejected.

Dealer says the part will take a couple of weeks to arrive (I wonder if a supply issue is starting to appear) and will be about 3 hrs labour. I've preliminary booked the car in for the work rather than book once the parts arrive.

Dealer is Toomey (Southend).
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Qashi

Post by Qashi »

Fingers crossed you get it done under warranty!
TRON2

Post by TRON2 »

Mine went in last week for radio updates, roof rail end caps and AC not working. Picked it up 2 days later, radio seems better (time will tell), the end caps have been changed, and they have added the nitrogen and UV dye to the AC , and so want me to use the car for a week to try and highlight the leak.
Tronlegacy
Malcolm18

Post by Malcolm18 »

Yet another Qashqia I had issues with the heating recirculation button not working correctly 14 reg 11000 miles on service agreement with Lookers Carlisle took it in informed by the girl on the desk if the air con is not used the seals dry up allowing the gas to escape £120-00 pounds plus vat for re-gas. That is a sealed system am I driving a vehicle that is polluting the environment and destroying the ozone layer get your service manager.After a wait eventually he appeared tried the same rubbish on after an arguement and threatening to contact Nissan customer services on his phone to dicuss the problem which was a fault covered by the service agreement and I would not pay a penny towards a re-gas that would leak again. He gave in saying they would need the car for two days thinking i would go away great it will be in at 8am tomorrow .Now six days later the car is still with them saying they have not received the parts the condenser had a crack in it and Nissan customer services had been the delay in rectifying the repair It will be ready tomorrow at lunch time 27/1/17 so am I with customer services number on stand by and taking the old condenser to be tested at an independant dealer looks like farewell Nissan hello Mitsubishi sorry I ever left you bearing in mind my old shogun served me well for 18 years without a single problem other than the bodywork was starting to deteriorate
switchback

Post by switchback »

So is the new condenser and re-gas being done under the warranty? He is correct about the loss of gas(ozone friendly) if you don't use the air-con. Best to give it a 10 minute run every couple of weeks.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

Unless your paying for the condenser, you will not get to keep the old one as it has to go back to Nissan warranty for inspection. Part of the warranty terms and conditions.
cmraja

Post by cmraja »

Hi,

I am having the same problem.
Air re-circulation button stopped working a year ago. Took it to the deal, they replaced few parts and it was all fine until few months ago.

Problem is repeating again. Car is not under warranty. Wondering if there is an alternative option available, rather than taking to dealer.

Raj