Air Con only cold on Lo setting.

ICE, Equipment, Options
Aido66

Post by Aido66 »

I had a problem with my 2011 QQ air con which I fixed eventually, but only after pulling info from about 10 different sources. A lot of people had similar problems but Main Dealers had them changing compressors, topping up gas and fixing non-existant leaks ... I am posting to assist others with a common enough problem.

The problem was my air con only blew cold on the Lo setting when set to Auto. If I turned it up even a half degree, it blew very warm air. The issue is the in-vehicle sensor. If the sensor is not working, the unit assumes the temperature to be -40C inside the car so it blows hot unless you override the sensor by choosing Lo. So, to fix:

First check that the sensor has not been disconnected - this often occurs when the panel is removed for any reason. The sensor is located behind the lower instrument panel on the driver's side about level with your left knee - right hand drive. You will see a small air grille in the panel - it is in there. To remove the panel, unbolt the bonnet and fuel filler release handles, remove the fuse cover and release the white socket behind it. Gently pull the panel off there are a few snap-off catches. On the left side you will see a sensor which should have an electrical connection and an air pipe attached. If either is disconnected, reconnect them both to the sensor.

If all are properly connected, you need to unscrew the sensor and replace with a new one.

Refit by following the procedure in reverse.

Let me know if this solved an issue for you.

pmxcrw
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by pmxcrw »

Many thanks for posting this - I have exactly the same problem with my qashqai+2. I think the air hose and the sensor wires are both connected, so it looks like I need a new sensor. The problem is I haven't been able to find anywhere I can buy one (looking online at least). Anyone able to help? e.g. what's the sensor called?