Consult 3+

ICE, Equipment, Options
Rickys666

Post by Rickys666 »

Hi All,
Anybody out there used Consult 3+ on their 2014 Qashqai? I am in the process of upgrading from the standard radio/CD head unit to the SATNAV head unit and I know it will need recoding. After some investigation I understand that using Consult is the way to do it. I can get access to Consult 3+ on a laptop. My questions are
1. Do you need a special ODBII cable to USB or will a standard ODBII 16 pin to USB work, the installation has no cables.
2. What do I need to recode the new head unit, serial number etc.
3. I intend to install the reversing camera in the near future is this just plug and play for the single boot mounted camera and not the 360 version.

Enough for now.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

duncho

Post by duncho »

You need VI2 interface, but still you won't be able to make it working. As soon as you connect your Connect to the car, it will lock. To unlock it you need to reprogram NATS so that it accept and unlock the headunit. For that purpose you need a security card and access to NATS codes ...and that part is a dealer's job unfortunately.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
mariom79
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by mariom79 »

Hi, what is the right procedure to unlock the headunit ?
With my dealer we have tried to unlock my unit but without success.
We haven't found the menu in order to configure the headunit.
The message on headunit is "SECURE - System is locked RED Please contact your dealer".
We have to reprogram the immobilizer ?

Many thanks in advance.
Mario.
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by 6447858 »

Hi. I know this is a old thread but did you manage to find a fix
Thanks
duncho

Post by duncho »

You need to ask only your dealer or someone who has Nissan Consult and access to Nissan portal. There is no PIN code, radio needs to be programmed / enabled to communicate with the CAN-BUS. How did you manage to lock it? It's rather impossible, only if you change some parts of the car electrics (IPDM, BCM, NATS, NC)...
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!