Installing A Dashcam

ICE, Equipment, Options
Clarky94
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Clarky94 »

you dont need to remove the trim the wire will fit under the rubber door trim on the inside
Current Car Qashqai 2017 j11b 1.5dci Tekna Grey
Coming Soon Qashqai 2021 J12 Tekna 158 in Mag Blue inc Fog Lights

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I just levered it off gently - can't seem to find any photos sorry - top first I think
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Gee

Post by Gee »

Just wanted to say thanks very much to the OP for posting. One dash cam now installed in the Qashqai :)
Zooksport

Post by Zooksport »

So I installed the Dual Dashcam I bought for the wifes QQ and just ran it to the accessory outlet to begin with, but the wife kept forgetting to pull the plug while she was at work, so it was recording useless info for 8 hours a day, then another 12 hours while locked in the garage overnight.

So I bought the hardwire kit. Followed the fuse tap method described in OP this thread, key on.... works fine.
Installed with power switch to minimum, parking guard bypassed. Don't need parking guard setting.

Wife gets in later to go out, and says the cam didn't turn on. She had to turn it on manually. This had me rechecking all my work, and even putting the cam in my car for a couple days. Works fine in my car (07 Hilux). Won't in hers.

More checking. I have discovered that if I turn key on, and wait a few seconds, the unit starts normally. Then start engine, dashcam goes blank and won't reboot. Turn everything off and wait. Turn key quickly to start engine. Dashcam does not work at all.

So, the act of starting the car is interrupting the power supply to the dashcam. I have tried several other circuits with same result. Only a hot connection (power 24/7, like the accessory plug) works. Or just turn ignition on, and never start the car. Hmmm thats whack.

Anyone had the same problem, and found a solution? I was thinking of trying to delay the arrival of power to the unit, until after the car was started... Or something silly like that.

Sirius

Post by Sirius »

Which dashcam have you got? With mine I just leave it connected but can configure parking mode where it just goes off after a few minutes and then when I get back in it comes on again ... no battery drain .... it’s a Nextbase GW412
trout
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by trout »

Mines the same Sirius, it’s set for motion detection so will come on if I open a door, and comes on full time if the ignition is on.
Once I lock the car up it switches off within 30 seconds and mines not hard wired either.
I’d check the camera settings if you can, I’m sure you can do this quite easily.
S.
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

I have a dashcam front and rear and they both are plugged into the accessory sockets front and rear. I have timed them when sitting in the car and they both turn off after a couple of minutes so they are not running continuously.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
JoRoSm

Post by JoRoSm »

Geordieman wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:43 pm ...plugged into the accessory sockets front and rear...
Do you mean the socket next to parking brake and the one in the armrest?

I've got a second cam for the rear and was thinking of getting a socket adapter so there are 2 in the armrest, but then don't know the best route for running the rear cable.
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

Yes that is correct. I ran the cable along the inside under the door and under carpet.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
Zooksport

Post by Zooksport »

It is a Blueskysea Mini 0906 Dual. I'm guessing no one has come across this problem. Thanks anyways.