Auto window closing

ICE, Equipment, Options
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

Yesterday I managed to leave my car parked all day with a window open, fortunately it didn't rain but it has reminded me I need to find a solution to avoid a recurrence. I eventually found this .... http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shi ... 77254.html which looks like it would do the trick for around £26 or for those of you in the EU zone, errr well probably about 26 euro given the current GBP/EURO exchange rate!!

However, according to the seller's info on the product, it's for Left Hand Drive only, great for you guys in mainland Europe, not so good for those who sit on the other side of the car. Looking at the seller's details for all of the other window closer modules they too all state LHD only, which leads me to think this is a general caveat which may not be true in all cases.

So my question to those who've spent hours pondering the inner depths of the J11 is this, is there any fundamental reason why the window operating controls (pinouts, connectors etc) would be different between LHD and RHD.
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red

cretecyprus

Post by cretecyprus »

HI
I've been interested in such an install , but my Nissan Dealer In March 2015 , seriously advised me to not fool around with the windows. He mentioned that on the previous 1st generation QQ , others who attempted auto window module installs , burned the window motor units and voided the warranty.
Maybe this new module is better? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

Duncho is developing his own unit. I have installed an early model which he sold on the forum and it does the job. The most difficult bit was finding out which of the black wires I had to solder a connection to. The rest just plugs in. Unfortunately the wire colours change from car to car so some trial and error is needed but he was very helpful in sorting it out for me. A search on the forum will find his unit.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

Ok, so a little while ago I spotted the device mentioned at the start of this thread and decided to give it a go. The advertiser stated that it was for LHD only but I figured it was just as likely to work with RHD assuming the wiring to the window switches was the same for both versions. :roll:

It turned up from China the other day and I'm delighted to report that it works really well on my UK 2016 model.....happy days !!!! :D

Install is relatively straightforward, just need to remove the driver side door card, connect the pre-made wiring loom between the car's window control panel connectors and the new control module, tap in to the lock and unlock control wires that feed the driver's door lock and attach the control module to the door frame, making sure there's enough clearance for the door card to go back on.

The functionality is excellent and achieves the following.....

With the ignition off:
* all windows sequentially close when the car is locked.
* if desired you can also lock the car and leave a small open gap (about 15-20mm or so) at the top for ventilation.
* When unlocking the car you can trigger the windows to open fully, useful when returning to the car on one of those rare hot sunny days.

These functions work from the remote fob and door handle command button, though using the latter needs a little bit of thought because it effectively changes function from lock to unlock with each press. You can also use the internal door lock switches, useful for opening or closing the windows without having to switch on the ignition.

With the ignition on:
* all of the driver window control switches have momentary press open / close functionality (ie you don't have to hold the buttons while the window opens or shuts) This function only works at the driver's position, and you can only control one at a time, but it's a good improvement on the standard system.

Some concern has been expressed here about the potential for window motors to be burnt out but having tested the way the unit works I'm happy this shouldn't be an issue. It seems that the new controller only applies power until the window has reached its limit (open or closed) and then immediately goes on the control the next window in the sequence. The only time all windows operate simultaneously is when the "gap" function is used, which powers all windows for a fraction of a second only.

For around £27 this is a bargain !!!!
RayGem
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by RayGem »

Does anyone know if this will work with a J10? I have a 2011 Tekna. It mostly it grates me the windows don't go up on their own.
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

There's a different version available for the J10 Qashqai......
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... f2392gnews

It's from the same seller who is actually very helpful so it's worth sending him a note just to confirm compatibility.
RayGem
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by RayGem »

That is brilliant. Thank you :D