Audio System USB Memory Stick

ICE, Equipment, Options
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

I've used 5 different sticks in 3 different QQs and never had a problem.

However, since a recent phone upgrade I now have 8gb data, and I signed up for Spotify premium 3 months for 99p, I have discovered I can just press and hold the phone button on the steering wheel and say "Play Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd using spotify" and it just works and starts playing.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T

Businesscheck
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Businesscheck »

I just use a spare 1tb external hdd.
At the moment only using 120gig of it at moment
That when I checked the other day.

But I had to format with Ntfs to bulk copy from my computer to hdd.

Then comverted to fat32 as everything I read said it
Had to be fat32 not ntfs.

Indexing does take an age .

When I updated my songs last I drove from Stafford to
Wythenshawe and was only just nearly done.
67 plate 1.2 tekna + . White
Barranco
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Barranco »

I use - momentarily - a Sandisk Cruzer Blade 64GB formatted at FAT32 with some 30GB in audio-files on it. Previously I have been using other sticks with different music collections on them and for some obscure reason, the index-data of these old sticks is still showing up when I use e.g. the 'Search'-function; albums, artists, genres, etc that are ABSOLUTELY NOT present on the USB-stick that is in use.

Anyone having an idea as how to 'clear';' the memory of this audio-system (re-indexing, slow as it works, is not a solution; tried that a zillion times)

SOLVED:
Surprise, surprise: but after the - I forgot the count - reformat of the stick the old information diasappeared, finally working with the proper stuff.

Qashqai N-Connect March-2018
Last edited by Barranco on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve61
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Steve61 »

I don't yet own a Nissan Qashqai so cannot comment specifically, but I use to use a SanDisk Ultra Fit 16 GB USB Flash Drive USB 3.0 up to 150 MB/s which worked fine in My Mazda CX3.

Formatted FAT32, and pretty much all music is in folders and had no issues playing back straight away.
2023 All New Qashqai Hatchback 1.3 DiG-T MH 158 Tekna (Bose] 5dr Xtronic
Gun Metal Grey