Forward collision Sensor

ICE, Equipment, Options
Neo29

Post by Neo29 »

Hello

ive noticed that now and then when i start my car the warning light of the forward collision sensor stays on.

The system is shut off then, car drives fine, but the car is only a few months old and this is not suppose to happend

Anybody else who has this problem ?

Next time when my car goes in for maintenance ill ask the dealer to check the sensor and even replace it

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Neo29, where are you located? Is there a particular weather condition occurring when this happens? How long is the warning light staying on?
Neo29

Post by Neo29 »

I live in belgium

It happends when i start the car, the light stays on until i restart the car

My first thought is the sensor itself
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

There is a software fix for this issued a good while back. It could be that yours hasnt had this applied. Irrespective of the fix, the 'fault' can still appear when its snowing. Your fault could also just as easily be a loose connection.
Neo29

Post by Neo29 »

What i also noticed is that when the light is on

the entire "safety shield " stops working

Is this normal when the system fails, the computer shuts off the other options too ?
redqashqai
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by redqashqai »

I also have this issue in a 4 month old Qashqai. In my case it stopped working about a month ago and has never worked since. Traffic sign recognition and lane departure warning have also ceased working. :!:

I have the car booked in next tuesday 30th to be fixed. Will let you know how I get on.

:idea: I know that these functions can be deactivated in driving aids settings but nissan service have confirmed that this is not the case and I have a system fault.
Current: 2020 1.3 DIG-T QQ NTEC - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 10.20.
Previous: 2018 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 09.18.
Previous: 2016 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11a - Flame Red - delivered 04.16.
redqashqai

Post by redqashqai »

As promised here is a quick resume of my visit today;

Took the car to Chorley Nissan, Preston for the warranty work on my 4 month old car.

Got off to a bad start as my driving licence is nearly 40 years old and it would appear that a licence of this age gives different results on the DVLA website to your average Joe's. A courtesy car had been promised but they renaged on this until I could prove that they misunderstood the DVLA printout. Not a good start for I have never experienced this problem before when arranging courtesy cars. I also contacted the DVLA and other Nissan garages to confirm that they had misunderstood the DVLA printout.

My car has the latest software, so the fault is not the same as the Foward Emergency Braking fault on a previous thread.

They have diagnosed the fault as the front camera under the Nissan badge. They have said it needs replacing at a cost of £1,000. They are waiting approval from Nissan before they can order the part.

I have pointed out to them that the Foward Emergency Braking and Traffic Sign Recognition uses the radar behind the front bumper and the camera at the top centre of the windscreen.

They have told me that I may well be right but they can only follow what the diagnostics tell them. I have also pointed out to them that the camera that they are replacing works fine when used for parking, the function that it is designed for.

I will keep the forum updated on a daily basis and answer any questions that members have.
Previous: 2018 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 09.18.
Previous: 2016 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11a - Flame Red - delivered 04.16.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Any idea what DTC was logged? It seems to me that common sense would tell them that if they intend to replace the front parking camera then they're looking at the wrong camera. Perhaps they misinterpreted "front camera unit".

01.jpg

02.jpg

It may be worth notifying NCS of your non-confidence in the dealer's diagnosis.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
redqashqai

Post by redqashqai »

You are absolutely correct, the service manager called me at 7.50 this morning to say that he had assumed when the technician wrote 'front camera unit' that it was the front parking camera. The good news is that the technician carrying out the work is looking at the correct camera. He has allocated the fix as a 2-day job so I have been told the car will be ready today or tomorrow. It also came out in conversation that mine will be the 3rd one that the technician has done. Multiply that by the number of franchises and that is a considerable number of cars.

I have not been told what DTC was logged, just that an error code was present indicating a system fault.

For reference, it should be noted that my email to the general manager about my complaints at 20.46 last night kicked things into action.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

DVLA issue. Interesting issues as I too don't have photo driving licence;
an alternative is to stand over them whilst checking your DVLA details; (assuming you didn't use this route).
You'll need to know your NI & D. Licence numbers.
https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D