Sat Nav

ICE, Equipment, Options
Essexeddie

Post by Essexeddie »

Is there any way of turning up the volume of the Sat Nav? I must be going deaf as I can hardly hear it. I suppose I could turn the radio down a bit.
2014 Tekna J11 DC1 CVT Automatic, also a 1955 Chevrolet 3100 pickup truck.

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Yes there is in the settings but im not near my car at the moment to talk you through it.
Essexeddie

Post by Essexeddie »

I did have a look through but couldn't find anything. Is it through the sat nav itself or the control area between the dials?
aussiebob

Post by aussiebob »

Pretty sure you just need to turn the volume knob whilst the satnav voice is saying something.
DankoGranko

Post by DankoGranko »

The volume setting for the SatNav voice can be found within its settings. Hit the settings button on the console then go to SatNav settings (as far as I remember - don't have access to the car atm).

I personally sit at the opposite side. The SatNav voice is too loud and while attempting to lower it down a bit, I could barely see the difference in sound levels, so you need to use few good levels up/down .

Also, music sound should switch off (fade off) automatically while SatNav indications are coming up, and then goes back on, so it doesn't matter how loud the music is set on.

edit: text revised & typos
QQ J11 1.6 DIG-T Tekna - Magnifico Rosso
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

This is what I use to adjust the volume. Just wait until the Sat Nav gives directions and turn the radio volume button up or down as required.
aussiebob wrote:Pretty sure you just need to turn the volume knob whilst the satnav voice is saying something.
Essexeddie

Post by Essexeddie »

That may be the reason why I couldn't hear it as I had the radio on but turned it down so I must have turned the Satnav down at the same time. Will have a looksie.
nosliwdpw

Post by nosliwdpw »

Not sure but I have a new 2015-2016 Qashaqi and have found the SD card is for 2013, no wonder I can't find postcodes or rods built after early 2014 !
Essexeddie

Post by Essexeddie »

Yep. Tried it today. You simply turn the volume up when its speaking. It works independently from the radio.
Deleted User 3720

Post by Deleted User 3720 »

SETUP > Navigation > Guidance and Map Settings >>>somewhere amongst the options such as Auto Zoom, Voice Guidance on or off, there should be the volume + and - if I remember its just before or after the map view toggle for 2D or 3D. I think this sets it separately from the radio volume but not 100% sure