Nissan Connect and Owners Portal problems

ICE, Equipment, Options
hobo22

Post by hobo22 »

Spoke to soon it only worked once and I have not been able to get it to work againtried different phones always the same, yellow connecting on the nissanconnect app on the phoneanyone else having this problem???
1.6 Tekna CVT Pearlescent White 17" wheels

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="hobo22"]Spoke to soon it only worked once and I have not been able to get it to work againtried different phones always the same, yellow connecting on the nissanconnect app on the phoneanyone else having this problem??? [/QUOTE]Yes, me too, it's a while since I had bothered but whilst tethered earlier today it failed to connect. I think I saw on another thread recently that there's been a software (SIM) update?
PeterL2014-06-23 15:48:20
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
hobo22

Post by hobo22 »

Yes there has been a update revision D024 had it installed by the dealer last weekDid not fix the problem
1.6 Tekna CVT Pearlescent White 17" wheels
niphotos

Post by niphotos »

The following is from the Nissan connect page ...........New NissanConnect system has full smartphone integration giving access to a range of projected upcoming music, social networking, entertainment and travel apps. NissanConnect is also Google-enabled featuring send-to-car (allowing users to send a satnav route to the car via their phone) and up-to-the-minute information on fuel prices, hotels, restaurants and other points of interest. NissanConnect also includes voice recognition, Bluetooth audio streaming and mobile phone integration as well as Aux-in and USB slots......... now can someone tell me how to activate the voice recognition function ...very confusing !!
1.5 DCI Accenta Premium Gun metal grey
trythat

Post by trythat »

I've been playing around with my Nexus 5 (Running Lollipop, and cyanogenmod at that) and voice control, sadly not getting it to work correctly. This what I've tried and results from it, my Nexus is connected via bluetooth, and works well from the connect system, but if you press the phone symbol on the streering wheel, you will hear it ask you to talk, you can ask it to say 'Call Name' and it will repeat it, but will NOT dial out, it would seem that the Vioce Dialer in Android doesn't work correctly, whether this is just in Lollipop or KitKat I don't know.I have been think of try Google Now, but not got around to it yet, so you might try that.Not sure about Apple, I think I saw a post saying it works, and Windows phone who knows.
Akos

Post by Akos »

Dear All,I have a Nissan Qashqai J10 version.Th car has an NISSAN CONNECT LCN2 system. I also have a new mobilphone SONY Z3 Compact.But
the mobile made me a problem. When I connected with the system bluetooth
after 5 minutes the NISSAN CONNECT restart and it happend twice and
after all(third time) the System went off and I could start again only
with motor stop/start, and the System asked the security code.I checked my last mobile(HTC Desire X) used a same Bluetooth version(4.0).I don't know anybody had a same problem? Any solution or idea?Thank you in advance!£kos
Tony30uk

Post by Tony30uk »

What exactly does the facebook app do ? As far as I can see it lets you '.check in' which I don't like doing as I don't need to give a running commentary of every place I pass. Apart from that there isn't any other features I can see or access
Pjonah

Post by Pjonah »

I think I must be one of only a few people to get the system to run properly, in fairness the Facebook app and trip advisor apps are basic to say the least. My main gripe originally was with the "send to car" function, which worked once then Google updated maps and it would no longer work. Google updates something on their platform every 10 minutes, so to keep up is a challenge for any car maker. However I use a julien Vanier's Send to Car app from the Android Shop and hey presto it works so a happy bunny
QQ1.5dCi Tekna Thermonuclear Panoramic intercontinental Ballistic Missile Chrome Mirrors
jperry768

Post by jperry768 »

Hi There, I also had difficulty setting up Nissan Connect,but try this, Iv'e copied and pasted the instructions given from Nissan Customer Services :The 'Info' button you were searching for is the Info button on the dashboard of the car : Nav Infoonce the set up is complete when you press it,you'll see an option My Apps when you press thatyou'll see Facebook,online search,etcthe other thing you mentioned was there wasn't an option to enter Qashqai in the drop down box in the registration process - you are absolutely correct and you'll notice that the site in all the literature :www.nissanconnect.eu will not be the one you end up at if you follow the instructions below...Just before you proceed I entered my vehicle reg / VIN on a separate site :You+NissanHere's the thread from customer services :Firstly create your You+Nissan account at the following weblink.http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/YouPlus/r ... P.htmlThen log into your You+Nissan account then click on "My Services" on the left hand side of the page.Click on New Nissan Connect and at the bottom right of the page click on "Go to NissanConnectPortal"Create your Nissan Connect password; this is specifically for use with the mobile phone application, which you can download from either Google Play if an Android phone or the Apple Apps store if an Iphone.You will then be taken to your Garage, scroll to the bottom of the page and activate your Complementary Services.Please go to the car and switch on the System Unit, start the mobile application on the phone (NissanConnect either from Google Play store if an Android or Apple Apps Store if an Iphone). Ensure that Wi-Fi is turned off on your mobile phone, this is very important if attempting this at home and you have a wireless router.Sign in (Login and Passwords are case sensitive) then connect the mobile by either by turning on Bluetooth if an Android phone or by connecting via the USB cable if an Iphone.Acknowledge any prompts on System Unit and mobile application, the Apps should then start to appear on the mobile handset under application tab "Manage my Apps" those apps which are ticked green will then also be installed on the System Unit. These can be accessed on the System Unit by pressing Info/My Apps.I trust that this instructions are of assistance, however if there is any further assistance or information that we can provide please do not hesitate
jperry
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I am not sure if any of you have seen this data, but take a look it might help in some respects when you go through the Videos. I am not sure how old this is now as I have had it for some time, give it a Try ! - Dave http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/experienc ... nsive.html
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken