Nissan Connect and Owners Portal problems

ICE, Equipment, Options
QashQaiSteve

Post by QashQaiSteve »

I took delivery of my new QashQai this week but having problems tryign to get Nissan Connect working Problem 1 - When registering online with Nissan Connect Owners Portal I didn't have the option to select the model "QashQai" so
just chose a different car and finished the registration process... not sure if this really matters or not?

Problem 2 - I then downloaded the Nissan Connect App onto my iPhone 4
however the app does not let me log in, it keeps telling me my user id or
password is incorrect although it lets me log into the Nissan Connect Owners Portal on the
internet no problem.

Problem 3 - The Owners Portal tells me to go to my car and activate
Nissan Service by completing the the steps below however I get as far as step 4
where it tells you to press Info (within the Setup screen) and that doesn't exist? is it just me or are
these instructions just plain incorrect?

1. Turn on your vehicle.

2. Pair your compatible Bluetooth-enabled phone. If
any doubt, please refer to your Owner's Manual.

3. Press the SETUP button.

4. Touch 'Info' on the screen.

5. Touch 'Register for Info Services'.

6. Press 'Continue' and select the country for a
dial-in number. Please note that this system will use the Bluetooth-paired
phone to dial a number when connecting. Normal wireless operator voice minutes
charges will apply.

7. Enter your Nissan Connect ID and press 'OK'.

8. Enter your You+ Nissan website password and
press 'OK'

QQ 1.6dci Acenta Premium Ink Blue

phaedra

Post by phaedra »

If the Qashqai wasn't listed it sounds like you went to the wrong site, it's the You+Nissan site you use.http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/YouPlus/r ... ep1AP.html
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
QashQaiSteve

Post by QashQaiSteve »

Hi Yes I just relised that aswell, I was on https://owners.nissanconnect.eu/aqPortal/GB/En which is the wrong website... I have just registered with http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/YouPlus/r ... ep1AP.html and teh app is working now. :) New Problem now is that when i get in the car, my phone pairs up fine, log into the NissanConnect App on my phone fine and then on the touch screen in the car go to Info, Apps and then select Google or Facebook it says there is no smart phone connected.... however teh bluetooth phone and audi functions work ok.... I'm going to try it with the USB cable next but any ideas on this?
QQ 1.6dci Acenta Premium Ink Blue
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I read if you have the iphone it has to be tethered
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

I am no techno person, what do you mean Donkey it has to be tethered? (I have an Iphone).
Ordered QQ 1.6 Tekna CVT in gun metal
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

via the usb port mate
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

So it has to be plugged in ?
Bluenose

Post by Bluenose »

[quote="DEL73"]
So it has to be plugged in ?A A [/QUOTE]

Yeah I had same problem initially. Fine once the iphone connected via the usb cable.
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

I think I am going to be asking for lots of help of everyone when my car arrives ! Thank you.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

Hope this helps - I had to call Customer Support , probably because I have a personalised plate or just plain impatient! Anyway all works well.Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Service on the 06/04/2014, regarding the New Nissan Connect registration process. We are delighted to say that you can now register for the New NissanConnect 2014. Please follow the link in step one to continue to the registration process.The registration for the New Nissan Connect is in two parts, initially you will register for You+Nissan and within this portal you will follow the link to the New NissanConnect Portal. Do not download the NissanConnect app for Smartphone before registering through You+Nissan. If you have download the New NissanConnect App please delete it from your Smartphone then delete the full You+Nisasn account, go to your GARAGE*Remove the VIN then MY ACCOUNT*delete the account and re-register following the steps below.1. REGISTER: New NissanConnect.http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/YouPlus/r ... ep1AP.html 2. Please input your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) 3. Press Validate then complete "My Space' 4. Accept Terms & Conditions at the Overview, you will now receive an activation email for You+ Nissan. 5. Within You+Nissan you will have "My Services' on the left hand side, select this, then "Manuals & Maps' and then "New Nissan Connect'. You will see a link for the Nissan Connect Portal on the right hand side of the screen, please select this and you will be redirected. 6. Please complete the additional information for registration of the New Nissan Connect services within this portal. 7. Complete by activating the services. When the above is done you will now be able to download the New Nissan Connect application on your Android or I-phone device, please search for NissanConnect as one word on the store. When you have downloaded the application please;- Go to vehicle, turn on the engine.- Sign into the New Nissan Connect application.- Pair the phone with the vehicle by USB (I-phone) or Bluetooth (Android). When the devices are paired either by USB (I-phone) or Bluetooth (Android) you will see in the top left of the application it will have changed from a red Disconnected to green Connected showing it is now complete. If you have an Android Device please pair via Bluetooth, I have included the steps below for your convenience. For Android Users:- Go onboard the vehicle.- Select "menu' on the navigation unit.- Press "Settings' "Phone and Bluetooth' and "Connect New Device' On your phone please select QASHQAI out of the Bluetooth devices listed. You will now see a pin on the screen of the navigation unit and your phone, if the pin matches please select "yes' for confirmation on the screen and you should see a successful message. I hope this information has been useful. If there is anything else that you feel we may be able to assist with, or if you would like to arrange a test drive, please do not hesitate to contact us at Nissan Customer Service on 0800 027 0075. You may also visit us at www.nissan.co.uk for further details on any of our vehicles and for a selection of e-brochures. We are also available to click to call and click to chat at http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/YouPlus.html.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.